Thread: Post Office Closes Again

Default Post Office Closes Again

Last edited by Lex; 03-01-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Whilst Post Offices in general are having a hard time, it looks like this might have been preventable. Serious roof leaks rarely appear without prior warning.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Whilst Post Offices in general are having a hard time, it looks like this might have been preventable. Serious roof leaks rarely appear without prior warning.

I don't understand why the post office has to use the space at the back of a small, scrubby supermarket, its just crazy. There is an empty premise on the Parade where the Nationwide bank used to be, would be a perfect place for a new post office, with the partitioned areas where the cashiers served. An ideal situation.
    A couple of years back I noticed the Royal Bank of Scotland that closed, a larger premise which also would have been ideal. I'm not sure if it is now occupied.
    Last edited by margaret; 05-11-2019 at 06:42 PM.

To be honest, I never go down that end of town when I'm in Leamington - it looks really rundown & doesn't feel entirely safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    To be honest, I never go down that end of town when I'm in Leamington - it looks really rundown & doesn't feel entirely safe.
    Its quite ok in the day time, but I guess there are a few drunks at night. I never go that part myself.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I don't understand why the post office has to use the space at the back of a small, scrubby supermarket, its just crazy. There is an empty premise on the Parade where the Nationwide bank used to be, would be a perfect place for a new post office, with the partitioned areas where the cashiers served. An ideal situation.
    A couple of years back I noticed the Royal Bank of Scotland that closed, a larger premise which also would have been ideal. I'm not sure if it is now occupied.
    Our local Post Office is exactly the same. It's down to money. Many Post Offices simply can't pay their way these days, so they're slotted in wherever is cheap.

The Post Office simply refused to move with the times. They should have foreseen the coming of electronic banking/pensions/communications and ought have taught their staff to treat customers properly.

I've had to use the local PO twice recently due to Mrs R's problems. Twice I was told that there was something wrong with the card I was using to withdraw money. Yesterday, I demonstrated that there was nothing wrong with the card but it was their reader that was at fault. The guy behind the counter was a little miffed! But this is typical of how they go on, and they won't spend money on anything if they can get away with not doing so.

I'll bet when I go next week that the same card reader is there with the same fault on it and that they are still turning customers away telling them that they have faulty cards.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

There's a call to have the post office moved: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...r-site-1354641

I do hope we can keep the former Post Office and have it back as what it was built for. It has been sad to see it empty for 5 years, and now showing sings of neglect. Very sad indeed for such a lovely building.

It's definitely one of the nicer buildings in Leamington.

How long will the post office stay open this time?

https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...losure-1379144

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    How long will the post office stay open this time?

https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...losure-1379144

Not long I suspect. There is mention of the postoffice moving to a new location , but no mention of where yet.