Thread: 39 bodies discovered inside a truck in Essex.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default 39 bodies discovered inside a truck in Essex.

A murder investigation has been launched after 39 people were found dead in a truck at Waterglade Industrial Park in Grays, Essex, in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
    Emergency services were called to the site at around 1.40am BST to discover the 39 victims in a truck container. A 25 year-old man, named locally as Mo Robinson from Portadown, County Armagh, Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder, police confirmed.

https://www.rt.com/uk/471609-39-bodies-truck-uk/

The police have confirmed the trailer arrived in the docks in Purfleet without a unit , Mo picked the trailer up out the docks where these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS were already in the trailer !! He had the trailer for only 35 minutes yet half the country are slandering the boys name with shouts of Mass murder .

If the trailer arrived in the docks without a unit, does that mean the trailer wasn't sealed?

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    If the trailer arrived in the docks without a unit, does that mean the trailer wasn't sealed?
    No, Margaret, it could well be sealed for 'customs' purposes etc.. Tractor unit drivers often pick up trailers without having a clue what is in them, They are simply paid to deliver it somewhere.

I agree that this trial by media is not on. I also understand that the driver was the one that called the emergency services in the first place.

I can't imagine the sight that the emergency services met when they opened that container.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    No, Margaret, it could well be sealed for 'customs' purposes etc.. Tractor unit drivers often pick up trailers without having a clue what is in them, They are simply paid to deliver it somewhere.

I agree that this trial by media is not on. I also understand that the driver was the one that called the emergency services in the first place.

I can't imagine the sight that the emergency services met when they opened that container.

First reports said the truck was from Bulgaria and now they are saying the poor victims were all from China.

My guess is that the driver is now in rather a lot of trouble and will go down...

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Saturday they had charged Maurice Robinson, the 25-year-old driver of a truck who was arrested when 39 people were found dead in the back of his container this week.

He will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with 39 counts of manslaughter, conspiracy to traffic people, conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and money laundering.

My guess is that the driver is now in rather a lot of trouble and will go down...
    Thanks for the update, rebbonk. I was wondering what happened, how dreadful. It makes us wonder how many are getting in without being detected. Still not sure of their nationality, it does seem odd.
    Last edited by margaret; 27-10-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Apparently, there were 3 trucks in total.

Apparently, there were 3 trucks in total.
    Oh I see. How awful. All very confusing.

I can't understand why they can't come into our country in the legal way with passports.
    However, I do hope the get to the bottom of this trafficking ring.

I've gleaned quite a bit of information from the various websites I use about this. However, there is a point that is being missed completely. Whilst I accept that 39 deaths is extremely tragic, we seem to be losing sight of the fact that these people were criminals trying to enter the country illegally.

It appears that the guy that has been charged had the job of picking up the trailer, parking up on an industrial estate and letting the cargo out.

I believe that the authorities know of the whereabouts of the other two trucks, but are simply keeping watch for now.

It has also been suggested (from someone with inside information) that this trafficking operation is a joint Albianian/Irish venture and that the authorities are keen to get the brains behind it, rather than settle for the minions.

I've gleaned quite a bit of information from the various websites I use about this. However, there is a point that is being missed completely. Whilst I accept that 39 deaths is extremely tragic, we seem to be losing sight of the fact that these people were criminals trying to enter the country illegally.

It appears that the guy that has been charged had the job of picking up the trailer, parking up on an industrial estate and letting the cargo out.

I believe that the authorities know of the whereabouts of the other two trucks, but are simply keeping watch for now.

It has also been suggested (from someone with inside information) that this trafficking operation is a joint Albianian/Irish venture and that the authorities are keen to get the brains behind it, rather than settle for the minions.

So the driver who has been charged does not necessarily know the head honcho, or brains behind this operation?
    Though he did know he was transporting illegal immigrants. Apparently the driver has been in trouble also for money laundering.
    I am also wondering about the other trucks with bodies, were they all refrigerated?

So much for border controls and criminal gangs getting in. Its abominable neglect.

I would think the operation is organised along lines of IRA cells, so it's quite possible that anyone caught couldn't blow the whistle on the whole operation. This appears to be a very well organised set up and certainly isn't the first time it's been run. If you look at how the arrested guy and his wife were living, they appeared far more affluent than expected of a mere lorry driver. Incidentally, that tractor unit that he 'owned' as an owner driver is worth well over £100k and he's only 25...

Unfortunately, nobody is saying much about the other trucks. But I guess refrigerated units are good cover, especially being brought through at night when customs facilities etc. are minimally staffed.

Again, many of those on the forums I use are actually Border Force employees. They say that there is simply not the political will to enforce the laws. You may wish to draw your own conclusions on that.

An interesting piece from the Irish Independent...

The Criminal Assets Bureau has been secretly investigating the finances of a cross-Border gang suspected of organising the human-trafficking operation that led to the deaths of 39 migrants in a refrigerated container.

The CAB launched the probe last year after receiving intelligence that the criminal group was amassing significant wealth from various types of smuggling, including people smuggling.

The bureau has been profiling the crime group’s significant assets, which are thought to include legitimate businesses and properties, according to informed sources.

However, its financial investigations have intensified significantly in recent days, as evidence mounts that the Irish gang was central to the smuggling operation that caused the deaths of the 31 men and eight women.

The bureau will also assist international police forces in investigating the financial transactions underpinning each stage of the global trafficking operation.

The bodies of the 39 Asian migrants were discovered in the early hours of Wednesday, shortly after the container had arrived by ferry from Zeebrugge, Belgium, to the port of Purfleet, Essex.
    Source and full article Irish Independentl

Another similar case?

France: Migrants found in refrigerated truck in Calais

Eight people, including four children, were taken to the hospital after showing symptoms of hypothermia.
    Source and full article DW

Essex lorry deaths: Vietnamese police arrest eight people

Eight suspects have been held in Vietnam after 39 people were found dead in a lorry in Essex.

The arrests came as a team of Vietnamese officials arrived in Britain to help formally identify the 31 men and eight women.

The suspects are being held in relation to people smuggling offences, the director of police in the Nghe An province in north-central Vietnam said.

Two people were arrested in the Ha Tinh province of Vietnam last week.

The victims were discovered in a refrigerated lorry trailer on an industrial estate in Grays on 23 October.

On Friday, Essex Police said all 39 people were believed to be Vietnamese.

The force initially said it believed they were Chinese.

Essex Police said it was now in "direct contact with a number of families in Vietnam and the UK" and the Vietnamese Government.

A spokeswoman for the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs called the incident a "serious humanitarian tragedy".

Post-mortem examinations are being carried out on the victims to establish the cause of their deaths.

More than 100 people attended a service for the victims at the Church of the Holy Name and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in east London on Saturday evening.

The driver of the lorry, Maurice Robinson, from Northern Ireland, appeared in court last week charged with a string of offences, including 39 counts of manslaughter.

Extradition proceedings have also begun against 22-year-old Eamonn Harrison, who was arrested in Dublin on a European Arrest Warrant.

Police are also seeking two brothers from Northern Ireland, Ronan and Christopher Hughes, who are wanted on suspicion of manslaughter and people trafficking.
    Source: BBC