Thread: Climate change

Default Climate change

I find the current hysteria around climate change quite amusing. Without doubt our climate is changing but I don't believe we fully understand why and I think that our assumptuions that we might be able to control/change it extremely arrogant. I actually fear that we will make a knee-jerk reaction and there will be plenty of unseen consequences.

But it might not just be the Earth that is changing. Yesterday, I read a report that suggested that several other planets in our solar system are changing. Oops, this might be a touch inconvenient for those expecting to rob us blind with climate change taxes!

I wonder if I might posit a thought for discussion? What if mankind's part in the evolution of the earth is over and the earth is moving onto its next phase: a phase without man?
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Every dominant species has it's time. Us humans are a persistent lot; I have a horrible feeling we'll be sticking around for a while, despite nature's best efforts.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Remember David Bellamy?

David Bellamy denounces climate change fraud.

Thanks Margaret. His views are not a million miles away from my own.

One of the biggest problems in getting contrary views heard, is down to the way that scientific papers and research is presented. In order to get these things published, they need to go through a peer review process. Basically, you need to get someone to stand up and vouch for your work. Nobody from the scientific world is going to do that when the pressure is on them to conform to current (and governmental) views. They won't bite the hand that feeds them.

I had similar problems when my research showed up serious errors in governmental thinking. I was refused permission to publish and had my funding pulled. My research has stood the test of time, the governent was wrong in its thinking.

But, it's all down to money. If the right people are going to make money, you get supported. If you're going to rock the boat and threaten the money makers, you get shut down.

The system stinks!

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Yes, thanks for that Rebbonk. You are probably aware that there was a massive scandal at the University of East Anglia about 10 years ago, when it was alleged climate information was being falsified on an incredible , in fact an industrial scale. There is a chap called Mark Steyn, who is a very bright and acerbic, who is involved in a big legal case in the US, because he has poured scorn on the so called hockey stick crazy theory of the climate loonies. From many angles then the propaganda is being challenged. I also find it interesting that the powers that are promoting this dangerous tripe are ramping it up just at the moment as if they are trying to distract our attention from the trench warfare over Brexit. It is very disturbing that young children are being indoctrinated with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    It is very disturbing that young children are being indoctrinated with this crap.
    It is very disturbing that children are being indoctrinated and used in this way. My education generally taught me to think for myself: obtain the evidence, evaluate it, then draw conclusions. Sadly (and I've seen this with my own children) modern education expects children to simply accept and not question what is presented to them.

The only subject I was ever expected to accept blindly was history. I refused to do this and would often question the 'facts' that I was given. I was told I'd never pass my O level and not to ask to repeat the year. I did pass, and I've been questioning historical 'facts' ever since.

Oops!

While it may not discredit anything as such, it does illustrate how things happen...

Serious Errors In IPCC Ocean Report Revealed

In a letter to the IPCC, Dr Benny Peiser, the GWPF’s director, has highlighted a number of errors and misinterpretations in the IPCC’s report which are based, to a significant degree, on a flawed study which was recently retracted.

In his letter, Dr Peiser points out that the IPCC’s overall conclusion on ocean heat uptake

“is based to a significant degree on a paper by Cheng et al. (2019) which itself relies on a flawed estimate by Resplandy et al. (2018). An authors’ correction of this paper and its ocean heat uptake estimate was under review for nearly a year, but in the end Nature requested that the paper be retracted (Retraction Note, 2019).

“While the [IPCC’s] conclusion that the rate of ocean heat uptake has increased in recent years may probably be right, the evidence you cite for there being ‘high confidence’ and ‘high agreement’ is rather doubtful due to your inclusion of flawed evidence of the retracted paper by Resplandy et al. (2018).”

What is more, there is also doubt about the IPCC’s conclusion that ocean heat uptake has been accelerating in recent years. According to its own report the overall ocean heat uptake between 0-2000 m was nearly 10% higher over 1993-2017 than over the second half of that period, 2005-2017, suggesting that OHU may have been declining slightly rather than accelerating over the last 25 years.

In light of these flaws, the GWPF is calling on the IPCC to correct the evident errors and reduce its confidence rating accordingly.
    Source:Global Warming Policy Foundation