Thread: Lidl to Replace Homebase

Default Lidl to Replace Homebase

Homebase has been struggling for years: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...sale-1-9068468

That's a fake sale if ever I've seen one.

What they can't sell will be transferred elsewhere and many of the sale items will be stuff unsold at other stores.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

It is a shame, it was convenient to have Homebase close by. Saying that, I am surprised it took them so long to make the decision - the store must've been struggling forever. Hopefully all staff are well taken care of

Another supermarket in the area might force local Tesco to enhance its offerings and improve its rather ageing look. So, might be a good thing overall

Lidl & Aldi are definitely giving the big supermarkets a good run for their money. I was looking around the new Lidl in Stratford the other day, but wasn't really all that impressed, so I'll stay with Tesco.

I'm finding Tesco getting more and more expensive, and their stock choice seems to be diminishing. I keep threatening to try Lidl but haven't got round to it yet.

Like you, Lex, I did visit our nearest store (a while ago now) and at the time wasn't impressed.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Some things seem to be going up in price, and other thing seem to be going down at Tesco (although that could be my shopping basket), so overall my weekly shop has been staying at about the same cost for a while.