Thread: Tesco

Default Tesco

I'm not impressed with Tesco these days.

1) Their prices have risen noticeably over the last month.

2) They have 'trolley baskets' out collecting orders for home delivery, but clogging up the aisles.

3) They've just changed the lighting to some fancy energy saving sort and the shop is now so dark (seriously) I struggle to read the small print on the produce.

I'm considering shopping at Lidl next week.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I'm not impressed with Tesco these days.

1) Their prices have risen noticeably over the last month.

2) They have 'trolley baskets' out collecting orders for home delivery, but clogging up the aisles.

3) They've just changed the lighting to some fancy energy saving sort and the shop is now so dark (seriously) I struggle to read the small print on the produce.

I'm considering shopping at Lidl next week.

We rarely shop at Tesco, maybe for things like , cleaning agents or bulbs, sometimes fruit and veg. But not often. We shop at Marks & Spencers, purely because there is no other in the high street. Sainsbury's is way to far on the Shires shopping centre which requires a bus journey. So we have to content ourselves with Marks, or sometimes the Co-op. We don't have Lidl close by . Waitrose is in Kenilworth, so I don't bother. I think Waitrose has gone down a bit , I don't like their ready meal selection, and they didn't have much in the way of veg. the last time I was there.

You know what I often think would be a good idea, like in the past when I was a wee girl in Scotland ,grocery vans used to come round selling, either fish, veg, bakery , dairy, and we had a drinks lorry used to come round selling stuff like lemonade, orange juice all sorts of flavoured fizzy and still drink. I think that would be a marvellous idea for that to start up again. We used to have a local guy with a bus he converted into a mobile shop, (Stenhousemuir) Brilliant! And we even had the pipe bands coming round the streets. Ok we won't have that, but it would be great if grocery vans were reinstated. I think a lucrative little business for someone.
    Last edited by margaret; 22-08-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Some banks have taken that up on recent years - driving a van converted into a local branch around isolated communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Some banks have taken that up on recent years - driving a van converted into a local branch around isolated communities.
    Yes, Lex, they do that in Scotland now where my sister lives, Lundin Links , she is fed up having no banks, and the nearest Marks & Spencers closed down in their town and in Falkirk, plenty charity shops though. My sister has to travel to St. Andrews to do banking or decent shopping. She and her husband come down here on holidays and are looking to move back.
    Last edited by margaret; 23-08-2019 at 06:46 AM.