Thread: HC Ruling

Default HC Ruling

Well, Boris seems to have dropped a bit of a clanger.

I'm not sure whether this ruling is good as it demonstrates true accountability, or bad in that it suggests even deeper establishment medling in Brexit.

BBC

I think the brown sticky smelly stuff, is truly about to hit the fan.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I agree, I may be wrong in thinking we are being stitched up. I never had much confidence in Johnson, and right now, I share with the 17.5 million who voted , totally deflated. I think the court judges and lawyers are mostly remainers.

I don't know whether there will be a vote of no confidence in the PM or will he further suspend parliament this time 'legally'. for what end I know longer know. He insists that we will be out on Oct. 31st regardless, and that is about all the hope I can cling onto at present.

Can someone explain to me why Farage thinks we can just leave with no deal , does he think it is that easy??

........I've just seen this.

Exclusive: PM was advised by attorney general suspension was 'lawful'

https://news.sky.com/story/exclusive...Vlm6p1O6gj4-4A

I wonder if he's been clearing his desk this afternoon? All the court cases were brought by remainers; basically, they're stopping at nothing to scupper Brexit.

Whilst I'm an avid Brexiteer Margaret, I was always very sceptical about Boris's actions.

Let's leave, but let's do it the right way and not allow others to cry 'foul'. - The referendum must be upheld, but not by dubious means.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Whilst I'm an avid Brexiteer Margaret, I was always very sceptical about Boris's actions.

Let's leave, but let's do it the right way and not allow others to cry 'foul'. - The referendum must be upheld, but not by dubious means.

Oh no , My post @139, in the wrong section, I don't remember posting in here. Ahhrrr!! I'm going doolally with this Brexit thing.

Can the link be moved to the Brexit thread? Thanks.
    Last edited by margaret; 24-09-2019 at 06:45 PM.

The 'establishment' don't want us to leave the EU and will do everything possible to stop us. Quite how this is going to play out when the referendum gave a substantial numerical (not percentage) vote to leave I really don't know.

I suspect that another referendum will be taken with the hope that views have changed. - They might well have changed, but from those that I know, they have changed the wrong way for the establishment. What they will do in this case, I have no idea. - Unless the count is rigged!

I honestly think we are in very dark times, and I think that the days of trusting our political leaders are over. Where we go from here I don't know, but I truly believe that my long held belief that democracy is an illusion, is about to be made very evident.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Oh no , My post @139, in the wrong section, I don't remember posting in here. Ahhrrr!! I'm going doolally with this Brexit thing.

Can the link be moved to the Brexit thread? Thanks.
    As you wish m'lady

I am not aware of any case since the civil war of 1640 when the sovereign has been overruled by a bunch of middle class revolutionaries. It is Queens court that has been overruled by itself. How insane is that? We are living in very bizarre and dangerous times.

I was talking to my brother this morning (former solicitor) and he echoed many of my thoughts, but threw in one I hadn't thought about. This is a precedent and is now case law. Future ramifications of this ruling may be very far reaching. - The law of unintended consequences may well strike!

Interestingly, I've just heard the Attorney General say something similar. But he recommends looking at the judgement after the immediate hoo-ha has died down.