Thread: Roadworks

Default Roadworks

A couple of weeks disruption in Warwick: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...area-1-9028540

We seem to have roadworks everywhere at the present. Every day I seem to be running the gauntlet of Open Reach, Severn Trent or Western Power digging up the roads. Not seen British Gas for a while, bet that'll change now!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Thankfully, someone seems to have thought things through for once, and arranged for the roads to be dug up during the school holidays when there's less traffic.

We seem to have completely uncoordinated digging up of roads and pavements. Open Reach (or their subbies) seem to be the worst offenders. I think they're installing 'fibre to door'.

Open Reach's subbies (Morrisons) got rather upset with me today. They had created a massive problem and I only asked them if they were employed by 'arseholes R us'. They got even more upset as I laughed at their attempts to clear the problem. Strangely enough, they seemed rather wary of the maligator that sat obediently beside me.

I've just had a discussion with Mrs R, as it's obvious that sooner or later BT will be touting for business around here. We're agreed that we'll tell them that they can foxtrot oscar because of the incompetent and uncaring contractors they've employed. I hope that others on the estate will do the same.

Just walked the dog and I'm pleased to say that they seem to have parked their vehicles much more considerately today.

Today (for the 3rd day running) they are still at work, but have not been so considerate in their parking. I entered the road to find a bus stuck struggling to get through the gap that they'd left. The bus driver got out and walloped a very surprised lorry driver. The rest of the crew fell about laughing. One of the crew then guided the bus driver through the incredibly small gap.

I'm still laughing: if only I'd have bothered to install the dash cam that I won...!
    Last edited by rebbonk; 15-08-2019 at 12:17 PM.