Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boris Johnson

I've picked up a couple of suggestions today (one in the Daily Mail) that Boris may well back peddle and we'll stay in the customs union until 2021.

In truth, all this farting about is costing the country a fortune as businesses are spending money on preparations, stock holding, etc.. The job needs getting on with and an end date being issued that won't be changed.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I've picked up a couple of suggestions today (one in the Daily Mail) that Boris may well back peddle and we'll stay in the customs union until 2021.

In truth, all this farting about is costing the country a fortune as businesses are spending money on preparations, stock holding, etc.. The job needs getting on with and an end date being issued that won't be changed.

I don't know what's going on, as usual they don't tell us much. But Boris's friend Moggy said, that it would be inconceivable to extend the date beyond Oct. 31st.

Time will tell, Margaret. I must admit that I don't have the warmest of feelings, though.

Boris has resigned from Parliament. I suspect he's done a runner before the report's relesased, and it really hits the fan: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-65860705

His top supporter (Nadine) was out of the traps first though.

Frankly, I hope the whole rotten house of cards comes tumbling down. And it is quite possible as Starmer's lot are not exactly squeaky clean in respect of COVID. - They wanted restrictions to continue under very flimsy evidence and spectacularly failed to hold the government to account for what, in many cases, were illegal actions.

I'd like to see those that lied, misrepresented and personally profited, face a few years in jail. Sadly, I can't see that happening.

The 13 year Conservative s***storm has reached new depths: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/65866187

I think Boris is behaving like a spoiled child who has had his lollipop taken off him.

I have long since despised the muppet. Before he was elected mayor of London I voiced my concerns about him and his suitability for any public office. I am yet to see anything that has proven my judgement wrong.

There's definitely more than a hint of Trump about him.

Lex...
    I don't know why folks keep hitting out at Trump, as to my mind he was far better for America than the filthy crooks they have in the Whitehouse right now.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Boris , has long said he wants to write a book on Winston Churchill and Shakespeare.
    But it's the Winston Churchill I will be interested in whether he writes the usual sanitised version like the rest of the authors .
    Last edited by margaret; 13-06-2023 at 05:00 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    ...I will be interested in whether he writes the usual sanitised version like the rest of the authors .
    That's interesting and a good point, Margaret. My dad hadn't got a good word to say about Churchill, and he reckoned most servicemen held similar views. Also, Gallipoli didn't exactly cover Churchill in glory.

Of course, as Churchill himself famously said, "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Somehow, I can't see Bozo revealing the truth about Churchill. Not only is Bozo an accomplished and consummate liar, but sh*ts like them also stick together, holding the working classes in total disdain.

Churchill was a member of a group called The Focus. The object of this secret group was primarily to engineer confrontation and war with Germany. In fact it had been operating before the First World War, which gave me pause for thought, when I saw the documents and letters in David Irvings brilliant book.
    When war broke out, Churchill in effect signed the country over to Washington. What this meant was (and Roosevelt made brutally apparent) was the transfer to Washington of all of Britain's gold reserves, a large part of which at that time were in South Africa.
    All property rights (at the State level) were handed over to Washington, this included all British inventions (which were numerous at that time). We lost all control over the country, foreign policy, politics, the future in other words. Years later when we discovered North Sea Oil, Washington was taking all the important political decisions, largely to prevent the UK joining the rich mens club.
    Its depressing to think people do not want the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Lex...
    I don't know why folks keep hitting out at Trump, as to my mind he was far better for America than the filthy crooks they have in the Whitehouse right now.
    Apart from the tantrums, lies, corruption, and general hate mongering, there's not a lot wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
    Its depressing to think people do not want the truth.
    Often people simply can't handle it, Mr.H. Even now the truth about covid jabs, lockdowns and the rest is out there for all to see, I'm still having discussions with those that refuse to believe the truth. They simply can't handle the truth.

Winnie sold us out. Everything you say above is true, yet so many think he was such a great man. Unfortunately, as you and I can see, the truth is slowly being buried and history re-written. Eventually, the lies will be seen as the truth.

It seems you and I share many similar views.