Thread: Weather Warning

Default Weather Warning

Just a bit cloudy where I am at the minute: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...shire-16473765

Cloudy, but oppressive here.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Beautiful morning here, with nice breeze, washing out. Lovely!
    We just have to take the good with the bad.

Just come back from mum's, the car was recording over 24°C before 11.00AM. It's going to be warm later!

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Just come back from mum's, the car was recording over 24°C before 11.00AM. It's going to be warm later!
    How is your mum keeping , Rebbonk?

She's not doing too bad thanks Margaret.

She's very frail and is getting more and more forgetful, but she has recovered remarkably well from her hospitalisation earlier in the year. Did I tell you that the medical profession decided to add a DNR notation to her notes without talking to either my brother or myself? When they were challenged on this, they justified it by saying, "Sorry, it's a medical decision!"

The biggest problem we seem to have with her at the moment is that she's either constipated or suffering diarrhoea. - That can be rather difficult to deal with when she's bedridden and needs a hoist to raise her.

She's not doing too bad thanks Margaret.

She's very frail and is getting more and more forgetful, but she has recovered remarkably well from her hospitalisation earlier in the year. Did I tell you that the medical profession decided to add a DNR notation to her notes without talking to either my brother or myself? When they were challenged on this, they justified it by saying, "Sorry, it's a medical decision!"

The biggest problem we seem to have with her at the moment is that she's either constipated or suffering diarrhoea. - That can be rather difficult to deal with when she's bedridden and needs a hoist to raise her.
    When I worked on the wards, DNR decision was made by the medical team and consent of the family. If the patient is very frail and ill, they sadly don't usually survive the trauma of resuscitation.

That was the argument put forward and not one that either of us necessarily disagree with. But it would have been nice to be involved: it was presented as a fait accompli.

That was the argument put forward and not one that either of us necessarily disagree with. But it would have been nice to be involved: it was presented as a fait accompli.
    Yes, I agree , it would be right and proper to involve the family in the decision.

Just had a very brief (30 seconds) shower. Further dark clouds are beginning to appear...

More bad weather on the way. We're certainly having a mixed summer this year: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...hire-1-9026172