Thread: Boris Johnson to Stand for Tory Leadership

Default Boris Johnson to Stand for Tory Leadership

Looks like we'll have a choice between a buffoon and a Marxist at the next election. Fantastic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48299424

I don't rate Johnson at all.

Let's hope an 'unknown' comes along and shakes things up a bit. Maybe Farage will rock the boat more than expected come Thursday?
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I reckon we need another Maggie Thatcher-type character - someone who can get the mess we're in sorted out.

I agree with your sentiments Lex. A good strong leader that most will get behind. Sadly, I don't see a single politician of that character, no matter what colour.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Well from my point of view, I'd rather a Brexiteer got in and got on executing the job in hand. The sooner the better.
    No I don't particularly trust Johnson, there are things about him I don't like, but I think he does have the country's interest at heart more than May has, she wants us to still be tethered to the EU. I see nothing conservative about May, she has always been a laid back liberal in my eyes.
    The country is pretty well sunk to the nuts as it is, and if Corbyn gets in then we will just hit rock bottom and never recover.

The clowns have thrown their hats into the circus ring: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48584011

Clowns being the operative word.

I suspect that those admitting taking hard drugs have already destroyed themselves. Breaking the law and bragging about it is hardly likely to endear them to the grassroots of the party. The hypocrisy of sitting in judgement of others that have done the same but have been imprisoned, seems to have been missed by many that seem to think the law (like taxes) only applies to the little people.

Stratford's MP is now backing Boris; says it all, really: http://www.stratford-herald.com/9978...ohnson-pm.html

I've got a suspicion...

Boris will get the job, call, and lose, a general election. The lucky winning party will then inherit all the sh*t, will cancel brexit and after a couple of years be ousted.

The Tories will return to power blaming the now deposed government, but will find themselves unable to re-submit article 50 for one reason or another.