Thread: Studley Butcher Fined & Jailed

Default Studley Butcher Fined & Jailed

His house and everything else will have to go to pay the fine: http://www.stratford-herald.com/9818...ling-meat.html

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

What a knuckle head, serves him right. Obviously selling cheap foreign meat and selling it is as British and organic, which is more expensive. I don't like people losing their homes but that's his tough luck.
    Last edited by margaret; 28-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I think it's actually one of those rare occasions someone actually pays for their crime - they committed a felony, got caught & lost everything. In my books, it's only half the solution; a person has had their punishment, but that's not always a deterrent. How is that person rehabilitated/stopped from re-offending?

I think rehabilitation in the prison network stopped quite a while back, simply due to the vast numbers of inmates.

As regards stopping people re-offending, my belief is that prison should be a truly horrible experience and that people should never want to return. Sadly, with the namby pamby liberals we have around these days prison is often a very soft easy time. (Not that I want to try it!)

I think there's something inherently wrong with a society that treats offenders better than the elderly.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Any stretch of serving time at Her Majesty's Service, without rehab or counselling, seems to defeat the purpose of jail time, in my view. One real stinger is, if you find yourself incarcerated as a pensioner, your pension will be duly stopped for the duration of your sentence.
    Last edited by margaret; 29-04-2019 at 06:24 AM.