Thread: Notification in today's Times Newspaper

Default Notification in today's Times Newspaper

Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

A sad event.

But in fairness, she did outlive her sister Common Sense who died a few years back.

I reposted you clip on my Facebook page last night, Rebbonk - I soon found out which of my friends are remainers!

Was it a surprise Lex?

I've been removed from several of my 'friends' accounts over political issues. I'm of an age where I really don't care.

I got into a really interesting discussion in the local this afternoon. A couple I chat to brought up the subject of immigration. I apologised beforehand and said I was completely against it. The wife asked if I would mind explaining why, which I was quite happy to do. Once I had finished explaining, she turned to her husband and whacked him with her handbag, saying, "See, I told you I wasn't alone in my views!"

I was still chuckling when I walked home.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 16-04-2019 at 07:04 PM.

I've 'unfollowed' some of my FB friends due to the amount of spurious 'statistics' they kept posting about how everyone really wants to stay in the EU. They're of the arrogant, self-righteous type who believe in democracy only if everyone else agrees with their point of view.

There are a lot like that Lex. I'm always willing to hear a sensible argument out. I'll even change my views if I'm proven to be wrong, but too many think they are always right, when a little digging proves them wrong.

I'm happy to accept climate change as a concept, but I'm not happy to accept what so many "know-it-all" scientists are telling us. They are making statements that they no doubt believe, but cannot possibly prove as being true or as even having any real scientific merit. There is a great deal in this world that we don't understand and we meddle with it at our peril. - A little knowledge is dangerous!