Thread: Micropub for Leamington?

Default Micropub for Leamington?

Hope the planning application goes through: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...gton-1-8825134

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Sounds interesting.
    But I still like Wetherspoons, where you can get a lunch and as many coffee top ups as you want.

Not a big fan of the Coventry (Trinity St) Wetherspoons Margaret, you get some very odd characters in there at times. Once in a while I go past there before 10AM and there are plenty already well oiled.

I like my local these days, but it's one of those pubs that I wouldn't want to use at night, if you know what I mean. Perfectly good for an afternoon canal-side session though. And yesterday was rather pleasant. Unfortunately, the Long Haired General refused me permission to visit again today.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 27-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

The food at Weatherspoons is ok, but I've never really drunk there - they never seem to do a good job of looking after their real ales.

I don't frequent Wetherspoons much, but the one in Warwick seems good. The girls serving are very efficient and friendly.
    I went in there a few weeks back with my son for a quick midday meal, which we both enjoyed. No drunko's , it seems a people friendly atmosphere. I don't drink ales or beer, maybe the odd cider or Guinness. I don't know what it's like at night though, I don't stay up that late.
    Last edited by margaret; 27-02-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Early evenings are ok - still plenty of families, but the evening drinkers soon start arriving & the atmosphere doesn't always change for the better!

Established Member

I go to Wetherspons iin earlsdon for one of my writing group meetingss. Very nice there.

Two of my family opened a micropub in Cornwall18 months ago all Cornish drinks only.a
    phenominal success.
    Only open 3 half days. Sundays are for live music, and sometimes open mike.I saw FAMOUS HARPIST THERE LAST TIME i WAS THERE playing Cornish folk songs .
    The week before she was at the Albert Hall.

Anyone interested to see it what its like., type in 'The Barrel Bude. worth a look.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 08-03-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Looks great Cathi.

That's my kind of bar
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Yes I agree, it does look swinging!