Thread: Islamophobia in Britain?

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Islamophobia in Britain?

Prominent Muslim thinker and counter-extremist Maajid Nawaz thundered back to this report by saying on Twitter: “The vague term “Islamophobia” has deliberately been encouraged by Islamists, over the precise terms “anti-Muslim hate” or “Muslimphobia” so as to conflate it with blasphemy and protect Islam today from scrutiny.”

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/mps-a..._vup86ZoThKVZM

In my opinion Anna Soubry is a sh** stirring nut job!

I quite like Maajid Nawaz , he is a very intelligent thinker, and gets to the truth of the matter.
    Last edited by margaret; 28-11-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    In my opinion Anna Soubry is a sh** stirring nut job!
    Hard to disagree with that
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

If you look at how the religion of Islam has conducted itself in the UK, I think it's understandable why people fear it.

My personal view is that Islam has no place in the UK as it isn't compatible with our ways or beliefs; but I'm by no means 'Islamaphobic.'
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    If you look at how the religion of Islam has conducted itself in the UK, I think it's understandable why people fear it.

My personal view is that Islam has no place in the UK as it isn't compatible with our ways or beliefs; but I'm by no means 'Islamaphobic.'

I agree, I am not particularly an Islamophobe whatever they may call it. But their medieval laws and beliefs are so diametrically opposed to our way of living , our whole culture, that we feel that if they get their way then it can easily take over, and that is not what Britain wants. It has rather bee foisted upon us by the Governments whether we like it or not. It is a total clash of cultures and it does not work.
    Last edited by margaret; 28-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.