Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

I've slowly been coming round to the idea that we should stay in the EU. We're basically going to have to follow EU rules if we want to trade with the block, and the idiotic bickering in Parliament means the (interim) deal will fall apart, and the UK will be shafted over the permanent deal because our elected leaders will wreck that too.

I'm pro BREXIT Lex, but I have to say that the clowns running this country are deliberately sabotaging things and I'm coming to a similar view. - But, of course, that is what they wanted all along. Hotel California ring any bells?

The BREXIT negotiations ought have been a simple notification to the EU about the date we intended to leave, and then to invite them to discuss future trade with us if they so desired. - They would have soiled themselves and fallen over themselves to negotiate on our terms. (We need to remember that we are a major contributor to this little club and without our funds, the others are going to have to pick up the bill. They really need our contributions.) As it is, the spineless Treason May and the civil service have Royally shafted us.

But, even if we do stay, I don't believe that will be the end of things. The EU will still try to punish us for having the audacity to defy their nice little club. Look how they have behaved to date: I think it speaks volumes about their likely future actions.

The one thing I really want to see out of this is the end of Treason May. - I truly hope she rots very slowly in Hell.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I don't get a good feeling here at all. May's incompetence is one thing, but I now believe that article 50 will be withdrawn in the near future.

I only hope that Graham Brady's letterbox is overflowing tomorrow morning with letters of no confidence.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 12-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Well, the letters are in....

I predict that if May wins this vote and stays on, the Tories, as we know them, are finished.

I think they pretty much will be - the last 2.5 years of their government has been a complete farce.

WE pay £39 billion for the EU to STILL control us? What do we get?

Anyone think Treason May has got us a good deal?

A good article about the EU in/out vote, and the 2nd to last paragraph is a good reminder of what democracy is about: http://ukandeu.ac.uk/what-if-everyon...eu-referendum/

Established Member

I watched her on Andrew Marr's show today. She is quite sickeningly confident she is right..about everything.
    Doesn't and will not listen to anyone else's view.
    She's the one who has ruined everything. Whether we leave or not, with her negotiating anything it will not work out.
    I cannot think of anyone, ever, so stubborn.She will come to a sticky end.
    I'd like to know how much all this has cost our country in money.

I watched it Cathi. My opinion of May was already low, this managed to lower things even further. How she got to be PM is beyond me, she isn't fit to be a crossing warden.

At least we won't have to get new passports: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...exit-1-8798085

I don't think that was ever going to be the case Lex. Existing burgundy passports will be phased out as they come up for renewal.

A small piece of Brexit related good news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47196636

Every little helps!

With the rapidly deteriorating EU financial situation, May was handed a second bite of the cherry on a plate. The silly woman has blown it.

Seeing just how incompetent May is, I'd like to know just what dirt she's got on anybody. You really couldn't trust her to sit and watch paint dry without screwing it up.

Established Member

They should have had an all party debate on the whole of Brexit from the beginning. She has ruled the whole thing and even now we don't know what she has got planned.
    Yes, rebbonk I think there's some dirt on certain members of her group.
    Or maybe they are too soft to contest her.

She can't possibly go on as she does,she looks more and more fragile and bent, silly, stupid woman.

She tries tho', did you see those red heels?
    Last edited by cathidaw; 12-02-2019 at 12:42 AM.