Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brexit

I've slowly been coming round to the idea that we should stay in the EU. We're basically going to have to follow EU rules if we want to trade with the block, and the idiotic bickering in Parliament means the (interim) deal will fall apart, and the UK will be shafted over the permanent deal because our elected leaders will wreck that too.

I'm pro BREXIT Lex, but I have to say that the clowns running this country are deliberately sabotaging things and I'm coming to a similar view. - But, of course, that is what they wanted all along. Hotel California ring any bells?

The BREXIT negotiations ought have been a simple notification to the EU about the date we intended to leave, and then to invite them to discuss future trade with us if they so desired. - They would have soiled themselves and fallen over themselves to negotiate on our terms. (We need to remember that we are a major contributor to this little club and without our funds, the others are going to have to pick up the bill. They really need our contributions.) As it is, the spineless Treason May and the civil service have Royally shafted us.

But, even if we do stay, I don't believe that will be the end of things. The EU will still try to punish us for having the audacity to defy their nice little club. Look how they have behaved to date: I think it speaks volumes about their likely future actions.

The one thing I really want to see out of this is the end of Treason May. - I truly hope she rots very slowly in Hell.

I don't get a good feeling here at all. May's incompetence is one thing, but I now believe that article 50 will be withdrawn in the near future.

I only hope that Graham Brady's letterbox is overflowing tomorrow morning with letters of no confidence.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 12-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Well, the letters are in....

I predict that if May wins this vote and stays on, the Tories, as we know them, are finished.

I think they pretty much will be - the last 2.5 years of their government has been a complete farce.