Thread: Spitirualism

Default Spitirualism

Anyone ever attended a Spiritualist church? Prepared to talk about it? Got any views on it?

I've never been to one (in fact, I very rarely go to church at all, funerals and weddings being the exception) but my daughter attended one a few years back and it scared her somewhat.

When my mother was a teen she wanted to go to a Spiritualist church, but her father forbade her.

I'm genuinely curious...
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Rebbonk , what made you curious?

I have always kept away from funny churches like that, I think they are about contacting the dead or spirits or something , Though I have never been inside such a Church so I can't enlighten you I'm afraid.

I don't like the idea of those seances either, where people sit round a table and contact spirits, gives me the creeps.
    Its all cookie stuff!
    Last edited by margaret; 01-11-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Rebbonk , what made you curious?
    Oddly enough, a woman asking me where a Baptist church was when I was walking the dog this morning. I realised that I knew all the local churches,but not their denominations. That started an odd train of thoughts...

I once dabbled with an Ouija board that was absolute rubbish, although a now deceased drinking partner told me a terrifying tale of his experiences with one. He refused to return to his flat for a week, and reckoned that by using the board they'd released a malevolent spirit.

I also worked with a lovely lady who had the utmost respect for the spirit world. I told her about a locally known medium in my PhD study group. She begged me to be careful and to stay away from her. (I did let her give me a palm reading when she forgot her notes for a presentation, and she was terrifyingly accurate, telling me things that even my parents didn't know! - It wasn't the typical charlatan cold reading and it didn't cost me.)

There is likely much more out there than we know, I'm just curious.

Established Member

i PLAYED WITH OUIJA ONCE,YOUNG NURSES IN OUR BREAK-YEARS AGO. iT WAS DONE WITH SMALL BITS OF PAPER ON A TABLE.
    iT WAS FRIGHTENING, CANT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED NOW.WHEN i TOLD MY MUM SHE WENT MAD AT ME.
    i DON'T WAN'T TO KNOW MY FUTURE.
    I believe in regression-of a certain kind'
    Anyone interested should read.'The power of the mind' by Joe Keeton. i MET HIM ONCE IN HIS HOME IN THE WIRRELL.

I generally don't bother with the whole spiritualist thing - too many charlatans & snake oil sellers.

Established Member

I've never met a snake oil seller.
    Where can they be found?

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    I've never met a snake oil seller.
    Where can they be found?
    Get involved in Six Sigma Cathi. Plenty of them around. I used to run a website picking up the pieces.