Thread: Fireworks

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Fireworks & Pets

Click on the photo.....Please remember our poor little four legged friends , they can be petrified of fireworks !
    Keep them safe, warm and give them comfort.
    Last edited by margaret; 01-11-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Any pet owners here besides Rebbonk?

We've had a few go off around here tonight. The cat doesn't seem to have been phased but the dog isn't happy! I think I might be in for a trying few days.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Not being a dog owner myself, I didn't realise they could get so traumatised by fireworks. The poor dog in the video looks almost like it's having a nervous breakdown. I'm guessing that is an extreme case though.
    Last edited by margaret; 01-11-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Our first Shepherd, Oslo, hated fireworks with a passion, He wouldn't even go out into the garden to relieve himself. I had to take him into the jetty by us and then bring him straight back in. Charlie, the cat we had at the same time was semi-feral. He would hide under the bed, in cupboards, in fact anywhere away from the noise.

Willow, another Shepherd, really wasn't that bothered, apart from the loudest of bangs.

Spencer, the Akita, would sit watching fireworks, not being bothered once he had realised that they were no threat to him.

Freya, the Malinois, doesn't like them but as this is the first time she's seen and heard them I'm hoping that we can show her that she's safe and sound.

Vienna, the cat, doesn't seem bothered in the slightest. She slept through last night's flash and bangs, strolling down the stairs to be let out about 10:30, her usual time.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I think if the owner is calm the dog will be calm too.

When I was very young, I used to be scared of thunder and lightening and hide round the back of the settee or under the blankets. Glad to say I have grown out of that!