Thread: Cuts to Bus Services

Default Cuts to Bus Services

People are going to get stranded, but Stagecoach aren't out to run their business at a loss (although a bit of customer service training for their drivers might attract more passengers): https://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news...ral-residents/

I know a guy who did an MBA project on this exact problem. I can't remember his conclusion, but I do remember him saying that we needed to look at the problem differently and use a different business model if we were not to see isolated communities.

I thought that Stagecoach had started using smaller buses on these routes? Certainly round here after about 6:30 at night the large single deckers are replaced with much smaller ones. Couldn't these buses be used on rural routes during the day to cut running costs?
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Established Member

when I first came to where I lived in BEDWORTH the Midland red buses ran from 7.30 a m 'til 8.00 pm roughly at every 71 .minutes.A trip to my mother's in Coventry had to be carefully worked out or it was a long walk.
    Just after we moved, the service changed to every 18 minutes and came 3 at a time.
    I wonder who worked that out.