Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguar Landrover closing factories.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ogpw4myWEkmlj4

EXCLUSIVE: ANGRY and frustrated politicians have reacted to the approval of a massive €125million (110million) payment by the European Union to help fund a new Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) plant in Slovakia, just days before the stalwart UK car brand announced plans to close its UK operations in Solihull, Birmingham
    This is actually quite old news and I suspect the Express are trying to stir things up to suit their own agenda.

But automotive production has been a political football for years. Even within the confines of the UK politicians decided where assembly plants were allowed to be built, which is why Liverpool gained car plants when the docks trade collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    I'm sure it will.I have a friend who left a 'good' job to work there last year for a better future. now if they do close he'll be one of the first to go,if its last in first out.
    I would think that as long as he works for R&D he'll unlikely have any problems. R&D have been short of engineers for years. That is, of course, as long as they don't decide to scale back on models and model year refreshes. (Something that IMO they ought be cutting back on.) However, if your friend is working in any of the production related groups at Gaydon, that is a different kettle of fish. I suspect that purchasing will be one of the first areas affected, and sales and marketing won't be too far behind.