Thread: Nottingham Knockers

Default Nottingham Knockers

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I don't normally answer the door if I am on my own. It is amazing how may of these doorstep callers ignore the notice on my door, placed at eye level to they can read it. NO DOORSTEP CALLERS. Some time ago,I challenged one doorstep caller, and told him to refer to the notice on the door, the cheeky blighter said he can't read!
    Last edited by margaret; 15-04-2019 at 10:09 AM.

We have a glass door. All of our dogs have been 'taught' to answer the door! You'd be surprised at how many times people scarper when they see a big dog behind a piece of glass!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

A postmans hazard!

I remember years ago, our dog poppy, was the mildest , well behaved, wouldn't say boo to another dog, let kids pull her around, but when the postman came to the door she wen't bananas! Weird that is.
    Last edited by margaret; 15-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Never had a real problem with dogs and the postman Margaret.

Saturday the postie came and went, the dog kindly carried in the junk. About 20 minutes later some religious nutjobs came knocking at the door. The dog went mad! After I had shooed her out of the hallway I opened the door, they were offering me a leaflet whilst backing away. I took the leaflet, glanced at it and offered it back saying, "No thanks," they couldn't get away fast enough.

Maybe I should have invited them in for a chat?

These religious knockers are such a pest. I have told them not to bother knocking at my door and they seem to have taken note, until a new lot come round, (((grrrrr)). They soon know where they are not wanted. It particularly annoys me because my most of my immediate neighbours are elderly and the old boy next door had to struggle with a walking Fram to answer the door. I watch them going door to door and if they don't get an answer they write in this little note pad they have, so that they can maybe chance a answer next time. Don't they get the message?
    I have seen them congregate at the top of my road when they have finished their round, discussing and sharing notes, god knows what they are talking about.
    Last edited by margaret; 15-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.

A friend of my mum's once made the mistake of letting them in.

The only way she could get rid of them was to join them kneeling on the floor offering up a prayer!

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    A friend of my mum's once made the mistake of letting them in.

The only way she could get rid of them was to join them kneeling on the floor offering up a prayer!

Oh dear, the only way I would be kneeling is on their head!

I remember years ago I was cooking an omelette, and I didn't want it to spoil , these religious blighters came to the door , I said I can't talk, go away, I'm busy cooking. They told ME not to be so rude! Hahaha! it is them that intruding where they are not invited, I told them , they are the rude ones and not to come back.