Thread: Is Labour the New 'Nasty Party'?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Labour the New 'Nasty Party'?

Anti-Semitism allegations, and the party machine rolled out against anyone who dares speak out against the party line. Echoes of the USSR & 1930's Germany?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45364407

I'm a little confused here.

What, exactly, has been said or done that is anti-semitic? It strikes me that these days if you dare to say anything to the detriment of Israel or the Jews you are labeled anti-semitic.

Far too many getting offended on behalf of others I think!

I definitely see echoes of the 30s (unsavoury ones at that) but not just over this. These days if you dare to be anything other than 'mainstream' you become unpleasantly labeled. I blame the left leaning educational establishments for brainwashing those in their care. - I had some great fun as a mature student educating these lefties in the way of the real world.

One thing that does strike me is that we have free speech, but only as long as we agree with those in 'authority'. Once we start disagreeing with them, we become subversives or 'enemies' and need to be shut down. - A very dangerous path to take IMO.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    One thing that does strike me is that we have free speech, but only as long as we agree with those in 'authority'. Once we start disagreeing with them, we become subversives or 'enemies' and need to be shut down. - A very dangerous path to take IMO.
    It's a trend I've been noticing for some years now. Unfortunately, there seem to be too many thought police around nowadays.