Thread: Stratford Literary Festival 2018

Default Stratford Literary Festival 2018

The festival is back again this year: https://stratfordobserver.co.uk/life...festival-8232/

Sadly, I find this type of event rather pretentious. Shame really, as there are opportunities to interest the masses in writing.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I've never been; all the people I've ever been interested in have been on at times I couldn't make it.

Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Sadly, I find this type of event rather pretentious. Shame really, as there are opportunities to interest the masses in writing.
    I dont find them pretentious-- or perhaps I am because I go. I enjoy hearing how the authors work, and realise that even though luck has a part in it especially with a well known family name-- anyone has a chance.
    My first was published a couple of years ago.I don't feel pretentious - just happy someone thought it worth bothering with..
    Regardless of whether or not I get published ever again-I really don't care . I'm half way through another, and really enjoy writing.Keeps me quiet (sometimes) and out of trouble also sometimes!!
    Last edited by cathidaw; 16-08-2018 at 11:48 PM.