Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warm Spell

I've got a lot of time for Dog's trust, but last time I was there I was particularly unimpressed with how it was being run. P*ss ups and brewery spring to mind.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Here's another downside to the hot weather - crops have really been suffering: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45084984

Coupled with our botched exit from the EU I reckon that means we'll get stuffed on food prices.

I did read that if you had the facilities now was the time to buy beef and freeze it, as there is currently a glut due to a scarcity of grass for cattle to graze on. The theory is that as time goes on, the early culling of cattle will catch up with supply and demand and the price will rocket during early 2019.

While I was pottering about on my allotment on Saturday, I saw a bee buzzing around the last of the flowers - I couldn't believe it!

It's still pleasantly warm. I walked the dog this morning and I really didn't need my fleece. I was noticeably chilly tonight on our walk.

Tomorrow looks to be pretty good, I reckon I'll spend the afternoon in a canal-side pub under the veranda.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

During the day is fine , don't need the heating on, but it does get cool in the evenings. We have just got the gas boiler back up and working, after 3 weeks of no heat, so now, I am luxuriating with the central heating on again, I'll just leave it on for a couple of hours for the hot water. It is an old boiler , Halstead , I don't think they make them anymore.

Our heating isn't on yet.

Walking the dog this morning whilst it was pleasant, there was a noticeable chill to the breeze.