Thread: Matalan and B&M to Move into BHS Building?

Default Matalan and B&M to Move into BHS Building?

Not the kind of shops you want if you're promoting your city as a high quality destination: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...paign=exchange

Dear God! I told you O'Boyle couldn't be trusted, he's a bl**dy fool if he thinks these are 'quality anchor' stores.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Coventry could do well taking inspiration from Birmingham's regeneration.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

What's happening to the BHS store in Stratford? I miss that one, we used to eat in their restaurant and have a Christmas dinner there. It was nice looking over to the river. What a shame its all gone.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

There are plans to convert it into another hotel, although no parking will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    There are plans to convert it into another hotel, although no parking will be available.
    I used to hate hotels like that, especially when I was carrying a dozen laptops in the boot. Despite my protestations, the company kept using them, presumably because they could save a few quid. Wouldn't be much of a saving if I'd ever had the car broken into though!

There are similar plans for the Debenhams building, although there is a car park on the other side of Bell Court. Frankly, I wouldn't be impressed at having to pay for parking on top of the extortionate cost of booking a hotel room in Stratford.

The usual agreement, Lex, was that I would be reimbursed by the Hotel or given a special pass code. But, it's the inconvenience that used to rattle me.

In Manchester I had to make a massive diversion to get to the carpark a few hundred yards behind the hotel. "Oh just nip the wrong way down the oneway system, nobody will notice," was the helpful advice from the reception desk!