Thread: Vaisakhi Parade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Vaisakhi Parade

I missed out on this, it looked a great event: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...sakhi-14561960

I usually get stuck in the traffic jams! - But it does always seem to be a decent event, and they always seem to have decent weather for it.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

The parade was back this year. I'm fascinated by Sikh & Hindu festivals - they look great ways to celebrate your religion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61209691

And yet again, good weather.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Nice and colourful .

Well for a few years back I embarked upon teaching myself Punjabi, purchased a couple of books , then l shelved it for a while because It was nigh impossible to find a tutor. I just wish I had stuck at it when I started 5 years back. I think I can get a handle on it, but it can be difficult to learn the right pronunciation. You tube tutorials plus my books have been helpful and just recently I have got back into learning the language again. I have a few Indian lady friends I have been to the HIndu and Sikh Temple.. I love learning the culture really.

Though I do have two good books, Finding Phrase books that you can just put in your bag or pocket to browse while travelling, is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

So here I am again with my attempts really taking it up again, revising and learning sentences.

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Learning is good for you, Margaret.

I often sit and do a few free courses from one of the online training providers. I've covered an awful lot of subjects, some of them incredibly interesting.