Thread: Tenants to be Relocated During Work on Flats

Default Tenants to be Relocated During Work on Flats

It might be less expensive to go for the rebuild option: https://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/ne...them-1-8465314

I think I agree Lex. They sound rather poorly constructed to me.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

They certainly do. From what I understand of modern concrete it only has a life of about 50 years, so it's about had it anyway. Perhaps the construction industry should learn from the Romans - the concrete they invented gets stronger over time - it even set under water!

The compensation will pay for a few nice holidays: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43913898

Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    It might be less expensive to go for the rebuild option: https://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/ne...them-1-8465314
    I hope the tenants are offered decent places to stay.My friend has moved out for 4-5 month sas her house is being updated Living there for over 50 years and always doing their ow repairs, it is a big upheaval
    She was offered stinking run down flat with traces of vagrants, which she refused and then one with wallpaper peeling and a sink hanging from the kitchen wall.
    Told there were only 2 offers she could refuse-or--find yourself somewhere.
    Her family stepped in and threatened trouble--and of course the elections are soon aren't they.
    She has now moved to a lovely flat I'll be surprised if she doesn't want to stay altho' she loves her garden.
    Who are these people, working for councils, who think, in 2018 they can move people like chess pieces and degrade them like trash t with a tick of a pencil.
    And this wasn't Rugby.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 29-04-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Established Member

I don't think 10.000 will last long if they are out for a long time if they have to buy carpets and other stuff AND THE COST OF MOVING..
    And who believes the rent will be the same, regardless of pledges?
    I'm feeling a little cynical today.Think I've watched too much News-- and don't get me started upon Amber Rudd.
    SO-
    I'm cheering myself up by changing my car on TueSday.

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    She was offered stinking run down flat with traces of vagrants, which she refused and then one with wallpaper peeling and a sink hanging from the kitchen wall.
    Told there were only 2 offers she could refuse-or--find yourself somewhere.
    The thing that rattles me here is that recent incommers to the country (allegedly refugees) are not allowed to be offered places in these conditions. Everything has to be perfect for them. So why the dual standards?

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    and don't get me started upon Amber Rudd.
    I reckon she's on borrowed time and once she does fall May won't be far behind.