Thread: Local Elections 2018

Default Local Elections 2018

It's that time of year again, and Coventry's Conservatives are the 1st to set their stall out: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...-plan-14519674

Just done a quick online search, and it looks like Warwickshire aren't having local elections this year.

Interestingly, so far I've had one leaflet: Labour. Total waste of money as a pig with a red rosette would get elected round here.

Mrs R threw the leaflet away before I could get the email address of the candidate and have some fun. That woman just hates to see me happy!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

What a spoilsport!

Not so much of a good night for the main parties; more of a terrible night for UKIP: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43999204

Coventry Labour making a big thing about the gain of one seat! - Looking in depth at the candidate, her winning is hardly a surprise. Also the Coventry turn out was (once again) pretty poor.

Coventry is rapidly getting the most inept, useless and cash squandering council that it deserves. I fear for the future, because there is going to be nothing left after this narcissistic bunch are finished.

I guess it's a negative feedback loop. An idiot gets voted in, ruins everything and makes the voters wonder why they bother, so they don't. The idiot stays in office, causing fewer & fewer people to vote at each election.

I reckon that pretty well sums it up Lex. Audrey Wise screwed up Earlsdon for Labour many years ago by getting involved with the Grunswick debacle.

Though one thing I have noticed is that the ethnics understand the value of the vote and they do tend to turn out in force. People then complain when their areas get looked after by the council but can't see that it's democracy in action.

I'm starting to wonder whether we don't just do what what some Americans are suggesting about Trump.

Basically, as the theory goes, the USA needs Trump to 'break' the USA during his term in office; he'll be kicked out in 2020 and will be replaced as president by someone who will rebuild the economy & political establishment and make the USA a stronger & more influential/constructive power in the world.

In essence, we basically need Jeremy Corbyn to be elected into power in 2022, to b***er things up completely, and will be replaced by a Maggie Thatcher figure in 2027, who'll begin the long & slow process of rebuilding the post-Brexit UK (something 'Call Me Dave' failed to do when he slimed into government in 2010).

Do we have anyone of the right material/character for that?

I can't see Corbyn ever being elected. He's come on in leaps and bounds from where he started, but to me he just doesn't have that electable feel. He doesn't even seem to be able to hit open goals against the incredibly useless May.

The problem I see is that Treason May is selling us down the river with Brexit, so whoever takes over will be saddled with a terrible deal that they possibly can't undo for many years, if ever.

I've always feared that the EU would screw the UK over, and it looks like they'll get their way. Basically, we haven't had a leader with any backbone since John Major was booted out in 1997 (and the steeliness of his doo-dars was debatable). As far as I can see, we haven't got anyone with a handbag man-sized enough to do the job.

I hope the two involved face the might of the law!

Coventry Observer

I truly despise the pair of them

And they wonder why we don't trust them.

Two truly despicable women who both think they're above the law. One of them even interfered with a crime scene. I'd love to see the pair of them get their just deserts.