Thread: NHS Struggling

Default NHS Struggling

This happens every bl***y year. Is no-one in the NHS capable of remembering what happened last winter, and planning for the same thing to happen this winter?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42552267

Planning and the NHS do not go in the same sentence. Much like many government departments. I think it worth remembering that the Tories would love to privatise the NHS, but are rather stuck as to what they want to do with the terminally ill. - They aren't quite so profitable!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Established Member

Just watched Jeremy Hunt struggling to tell us there is no crisis in the NHS. 'NEWSNIGHT' TONIGHT.a Says his plan is working but the problem is-not too few beds, but too many people, and certainly too many elderly..Doesn't seem to understand that all the new palace - like hospitals have fewer beds, like Walsgrave. which has 146 fewer beds than the old one.
    Also says it takes 7 years to train a doctor.

How long has this bunch been in power.?
    They cant blame the Labour party for everything.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 03-01-2018 at 11:49 PM.

It's difficult to realise what's going on when your head is jammed up your backside.

Well, winter's just about over, and we haven't had the usual months of the NHS complaining that it can't cope. What happened? Was it the mild weather? Was it buried under the heap of Brexit news? Or did NHS management actually get their act together and did a bit of planning?

I think it was a combination of things.

The winter was relatively mild (not that my energy bill reflects this!)

Brexit has dominated the news, certain local hospitals have had issues but these have been lost in the outrage about brexit.

NHS management have been pulling in the right direction, but also been lucky.

However, it is fragile and a sudden twist in the weather, or an unexpected outbreak of XYZ could put us back at square one. Norovirus and flu outbreaks seem to have been particularly mild this year.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Established Member

There is always money for useless new ideas.
    In November I booked a physio consultation.My appointment is for 19th May IN cOVENTRY..
    I referred myself to the Royal Orthopaedic in Birmingham last Monday--having been a patient there a couple of years ago.
    mY APPOINTMENT WAS THIS AFTERNOON --AND I EVEN GOT A LIFT BOTH WAYS. and have to go every week for a while.