Thread: Bit of a moan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bit of a moan

Why is it come winter months you can't buy modest swimwear, well it is very limited, I can't find what I am looking for locally. I was looking at the Islamic modest swimwear online, some of it seems ok, but what I want is sold out. I want to start water aerobics exercises at the swimming baths, for the over 55's.

Similarly in the summer months it is a challenge to find a pair of slippers, like no one wears slipper in the summer!

Around the house I rarely wear anything on my feet.

I used to use a pair of cut down old jeans for swimming; but it's been that long since I ventured near a pool not only do I not know where they are, but I'll bet a week's pension that they no longer fit me.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Oh, here we go, more fireworks! As if there wasn't enough last night.

Like being in Beiruit here. I always thought it was illegal to let fireworks off on a Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Like being in Beiruit here. I always thought it was illegal to let fireworks off on a Sunday?
    Can't say I've heard of that rebbonk. People don't take any notice of by-laws anyway.

Certainly as a child we were never allowed fireworks on a Sunday. It would either be a Saturday or a Monday. I think it was something to do with Sunday being 'The Lord's' day. - But times change, Sunday isn't seen as anything special these days.