Thread: Another £1 Store for Stratford

Default Another £1 Store for Stratford

Poundland, Aldi, Lidl, B&M & now Pound Store. Is this the future of Stratford?

http://www.stratford-herald.com/7648...oundstore.html

rebbonk

I think these stores make places look tacky and cheap. I'm surprised that Stratford are accommodating them.

Personally, I don't think the landlords care, as long as they get their rent.

rebbonk

Well, there's pound-shop in Nuneaton only paying £1/year rent!

I suspect that you're right though Lex. As long as the landlord gets his money he really doesn't give a monkey's as to who he rents to. Mind you, people power could soon put a change to that. Imagine boycotting a complete complex because they've brought in an unsuitable shop. But of course, most people can't be bothered.

Since Bodycare closed the other day, I have 1 less reason to go to Stratford. I only ever go anywhere near town to meet a couple of friends for a beer, and do my supermarket shop once a week; other than that I avoid Stratford completely.

rebbonk

I'm the same with Coventry centre: I go in once every couple of months to pay the council tax and get some money from the bank. But Coventry centre has different problems to Stratford: Coventry is dead when I go in, usually around 11:00 AM.