Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Theatre & Walkbridge

Isn't it wonderful to see people finally taking a stand against their councils! For too long now we've let them deteriorate out lovely town with one crackpot scheme after another.

This bridge and any subsequent building work following on from it, will further destroy the natual beauty of our town.
    Reggie. "It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire." - Jack Handy

Administrator

For people interested, here's a link where you can make your comment about the bridge, to Warwickshire Council.

www.warwickshire.gov.uk/stratfordbridge

And here is the email address to write to directly.

stratfordbridge@warwickshire.gov.uk
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Chatterbox

You're joking, all you get from WCC is an uatomated reply promising a more detailed reply from the appropriate depatrment that never arrives. They are useless.
    Madhatter

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    You're joking, all you get from WCC is an uatomated reply promising a more detailed reply from the appropriate depatrment that never arrives. They are useless.
    It's fun to be cynical, but not very constructive in this case. If people don't use this opportunity to protest, they won't have a leg to stand on further down the line.

I would urge anyone who cares, to make sure they fill in the online survey and register their objections.

Miss Annaphylactic

Well, I am not totally disagreeing with everyone's comments (my, my, I do seem to be devil's advocate on this site!!), I do feel that the bridge is in many ways a pointless and very expensive addition to the town.
    I am not however so worried about the effect it is going to have on the famous view of Stratford... i.e. from the foot bridge looking up the river over the swan island, to the theatre...
    This was my inital worry, as it is such a picturesque view, but at a breakfast meeting (think it was a Town Management Partnership one - I must remember to try and get Andrew Cooper to join this site!) we were shown a slide of the exact location... from the bridge you will barely see it - it will be erected around the bend in the river so won't get in the way of the current views. You might see a few feet of it if you look hard, but it will be in the distance and unobtrusive from this vantage point.

Chatterbox

It is constructive, maybe they'll read it and realise that people actually expect a reply when promised one!. WCC think Warwickshire ends at Rugby though so can't expect anything else, All Nuneaton Bedworth Coleshill and Atherstone mail probably goes in the junk mail folder.

I do urge people to make their comments known though, I don't think such a modern structure has any place at Stratford, especially after seeing the chrome monstrosities at london across the thames.
    Madhatter

James1

It's clear there is only one reason for this bridge getting built, and that is to provide easy access to the car park across the river. It is utterly useless in every other regard, simply because there's nothing on the other side of the river! If people want to go to the wreck, the park in the wreck car park! This is such a waste of money when there are so many other things in Stratford that require attention and money.

Administrator

I'm bumping this message to the top, as it looks like Stratford Voice's leaflets are going out, and I want people to be able to see this topic.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Chatterbox

Yet to meet anyone who actually thinks it's a good idea.
    Madhatter