Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy Racers in Leamington

Default Boy Racers in Leamington

For the 2nd time in 1 week I have encountered brain dead boy racing cretins, who seem to roar around near the college in their souped up bangers! The first time, a knackered silver GOLF appears out of a side road without looking, almost clipping my front bumper, at 11.20PM, with no lights, no number plates, and roars off on the wrong side of the road stuffed full of lager swigging kids, swerving round a blind corner near the Star and Garter, on the wrong side of the road, The dashboard is stacked with beer cans and the familar bass boom of some speed garage is detected..

Last night, the final straw, as another semi wrecked Golf appears, white, (on the wrong side of the road ), again with a dashboard stacked with empty beer cans and playing speed garage music at night club volume, and which not only clips the side of my front wing, while knocking off at least one wing mirror of parked cars.

My car was not damaged as such as it was only a light paint scuff, but as you can tell, I was boiling with rage, and by the time I turned round to follow the cretins, they had vanished beyond all trace.

I reported the vehicles each time as the drivers could barely see over the dashboard and definitely could not have any kind of licence, insurance, MOT, and probably no tax. Each time I was told that there were "no patrol cars in the area", and absolutely nothing was done. The number plate of the 2nd one was passd to the Police and they confirmed the number was non existent, so fake number plates. There appeared to be nothing more they could do.

Has anyone else noticed these brain dead muppets with cars full of beer cans skidding around roads late at night with night-clubs in the boot?

I am on the lookout for them and they will remember me for a VERY long time....the cars and their occupants are going to the crusher!!!!!!!

Running on empty

keep phoning the police, eventually it will be come a priority for them.. alternatively, you could try to find a suppier for stingers.. good luck

Unregistered

sounds to me like joyriders - not a boy racer

Hmm, the cars sound like they've been chaved up, sounds like boy racers to me. Stealing a car like this would be like stealing from one of their own. I see more and more of these sad little boys all over the place, the police do nothing about them as usual.

I did keep phoning the police, you know what the last reply I got was? "Well they're gone now, so we can't do anything".

Unregistered

i must register - just not hiding my opinions here - but you would probably consider my car to be "chavved up" - when it isnt actually "chavved up" as its a production model - i know where your comming from with the views on boy racers but these immature kids wouldnt drive around in a car with no plates hitting cars if it were there own - i have seen alot of joyrides in my time and the behaviour sarah mentioned points towards joyriding - beer cans on the dash, no number plates, hitting cars, dangerous driving. also sarah please be careful with the following them idea - dont forget that 3 or 4 kids in a car are more than likely going to get out of there car and possible start on your car or worse you personally - only thing you can do is to keep a note of times, number plates, car make and colours etc and keep reporting it. the police will put this at the back of there jobs to do but if enough complaints come through they do get round to it - i myself have suffered a road rage attack last year and followed the 3 responsible - only to be ground to a halt on the a5 in rush hour traffic to be greeted with verbal abuse, fist threats etc etc - the police were called and suprise suprise there was no record of an address for the vehicle or its occupants. so please if you are going to get some sort of idea about having words then please for your own well being do not approach them. follow them if you must but remain cool and calm and get as much info down as possible and pass it on.

oh im richard from bedworth nr nuneaton - im 33.

ps - alot of these chav type characters are sort of car entusiasts but the boy racer label has been made worse due to one main contributing factor....................a film called fast and the furious.

Administrator

Welcome to the boards Richard, yes please do register as you have some good advice to offer.

On the subject of police (tsk tsk forum admin hijacking threads), I'm going to approach the police tomorrow as I'm sure they'd find this site useful for helping them in their efforts.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

Hi Richard,

You're right of course, I just wanted to see if I could find where they lived, at least then the police might have done something.

I don't know about boy racers, but I was driving into Leamington today, and a white van man didn't just cut me up, if I didn't move he'd have happily driven into me just to push in. It makes me so angry when idiots like that do this, I'd have done anything for the police to have seen him and banned him. >

Unregistered

Sarah, read you post back to yourself, you sound like a small minded idiot.

cathidaw

welcome Richard from Bedworth-I'm from there too.
    Why call Sarah small minded idiot---not polite you know!!
    Explain what you mean . There must be a more pleasant way of saying someone is stupid.
    And yes --get registered,it's about time - you could call yourself

'registered unregistered'

or perhaps plain 'reg.'

or 'plain reg'

how about 'bouttimetoo.'..............hmmmmmmm!

It's late I' better get to bed.

partrij

Just to chuck in my tuppence worth - I live near the top of the parade and am pretty fed up with the constant drones from their exhausts at all hours as they do laps of the town. This evening I watched about a dozen or so of the little mouth breather brain donors cruising along Beauchamp avenue in 2nd gear and making themselves heard. Unforthunately they don't seem to be breaking any laws, unles their "sports" exhuasts - which probably render their cars' market values at £60-£70 - are breaking the legal noise limit.

Anyone else in my area suffering from this problem?

I reported a kid for joyriding around Warwick - he swerved around a tight bend of a residential street lined with cars both sides at around 40mph nearly hitting me. He was so short he could barely see over the wheel, and from what I glimpsed, he looked no older than 13/14. I dialled 999 as he WAS going to hit someone at that rate. They did say they'd put his info out on the radio...

Toad

These mindless idiots are everywhere. Walking back from a meal in Leamington we encountered several of these twerps showing what lousy drivers they are. I mentioned it to our local (Warwick) policeman and was told that the police are too busy coping with the local drunks (thanks WDC for approving late-night drinking) and couldn't cope. Just another sign of under-resourced policing and prats with nothing to do at night.

Pillar of the Community

Default Boy Racers in Leamington

Toad- just to add, this sounds like there may be some drunk driving too. If anyone has a video phone, why not film these ejots and save the evidence which can be sent to the police and the highways people. They have a responsibility for safety on the roads. Maybe, if they were told, they may pass stuff on to the Police who on hearing from an official Agency may listen more effectively. Just a thought anyway. The more departments told, the better.

Margaret

Anyone still experiencing these kind of problems?