Thread: London Tower Block fire - 14/6/2017

rebbonk

Default London Tower Block fire - 14/6/2017

Absolutely terrible.

Whilst it would be wrong to speculate on the cause or how the fire spread so fast, if I was living in a tower block I think I might be a bit worried.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40269625

I'd be interested to know how far advanced the far was before the alarm was raised.
    The emergency services was there in 6 minutes once the alarm was raised. I was wondering if it started in one apartment it would have been more containable if the fire tenders were there in 6 minutes. It is odd it spread so fast and gutted the whole of the building. Pretty devastating for the survivors and deceased.

Now that despicable Corbyn is trying to make political gain out of this tragedy. The man is beyond evil!
    Last edited by Finebyme; 14-06-2017 at 02:54 PM.

This answers my question on how the fire took hold so quick.

Tragic Grenfell Tower fitted with external cladding despite known fire risk.

The external cladding recently fitted to the tragic Grenfell Tower was a well-known fire risk before the cladding was fitted.

The tower building had been over-clad with Aluminium Composite Material cassette rainscreen, which has been blamed for several tower fires around the world, including in Australia and the UAE.

The company responsible for fitting the cladding – Harley Curtain Wall Ltd – went into administration shortly after fitting the panels. However, directors of the company continue to trade under a slightly different name, Harley Facades Ltd.

It has also been revealed that Grenfell Tower residents had been complaining about fire risks for some time before the tragic fire.

It seems the owners of the tower, Kensington and Chelsea council, have a lot of questions that will need to be answered.