Thread: Pound Shop.

Thumbs up Pound Shop.

For the first time yesterday I went into the pound shop, thanks so a customer telling me to try them.
    While I was in Robert Dyas,looking for long narrow pliers, just to do a simple job at home with. A pair cost £4.50 in Robert Dyas, as I was pondering, a male voice from behind me said, Try the pound shop, a couple of doors up, they have exactly the same thing. So I thanked him for his suggestion and duly went into the Pound shop for the first time, and bingo, I found exactly what I wanted for a £1 , for two in a pack! Couldn't believe my luck, thanks to that customer. Job done!

rebbonk

There's bargains to be had, but in the past I've noticed you do need to be a little careful, especially with food. - It often isn't the bargain that you think it is.

For occasional use tools, great. For more frequently used tools I'll likely look to the local markets, especially the secondhand stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    There's bargains to be had, but in the past I've noticed you do need to be a little careful, especially with food. - It often isn't the bargain that you think it is.

For occasional use tools, great. For more frequently used tools I'll likely look to the local markets, especially the secondhand stalls.

Yes, second hand stalls are a good idea too , Rebbonk. But no way would I buy food in the Pound Shop, I am fussy that way. I didn't get much time to look around, I wasn't aware they had a food section. The quality of the pliers I bought may not be as sturdy as more expensive ones, but it did the job.

rebbonk

I've bought computer add-ons from the pound shop, ear-phones and a few photography aids. As you say, they often aren't the best quality, but they do the job. I've a lovely little camera tripod that I've had for years. It's been used and abused and still works perfectly.

cathidaw

I often buy branded photographic paper from pound shops.And other branded stuff like toothpaste, lemsip and lots of other things.One item I bought the other week was Ibubrofen gel -Same brand as in Boots but £2.00 cheaper, same size
    Of course you have to watch prices especially 2 for ones etc. but clever shoppers do so.