Thread: Brexit discussions (was Test, just a test)

Aaronpes

Default Brexit discussions (was Test, just a test)

Last edited by Lex; 05-05-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: inappropriate sarcasm

cathidaw

Hallo Aaronpes,
    Please say something before you go !
    We're not that boring.

cathidaw

OOPS perhaps we are.

What about our Mother Teresa then ?
    Seems to me she's shot herself in the foot.
    Not that bright or clever was it- going to the EU with that belligerent attitude?.
    Pity she doesn't tell us what's on her mind. I wonder if she knows.
    Perhaps there is nothing-she is so full of herself.

rebbonk

I read an interesting theory the other day that she doesn't actually want to win this election because she's a REMAINER at heart.

From the way things are going, I can see the UK telling the EU to simply do one and walking away from any negotiations.

I can also see the EU imploding before we actually leave. Merkel can only hide her string pulling for so long.

cathidaw

I'm sure you are right rebbonk. If she had been a diehard remainer- being elected to Prime Minister of a country which voted to leave couldn't possibly work. If she was genuine in her belief, what are her political beliefs worth if she can change them at the drop of a hat , so to speak.
    She did it for the glory and the power.
    We have seen it's all me-me- me-.
    That's why she intends to drag her feet and get us to stay in, regardless of how many EU countries she antagonises in the process.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 05-05-2017 at 12:18 PM.

rebbonk

Money runs a country, you just need to see where the money pointing.

Look at who stands to make money if we stay, and who stands to make money if we 'leave'. Then of course you need to factor in the EU and what it wants... Can it really afford its second biggest contributor to just walk away? - I think not, which is why they're currently looking to make it as expensive as possible for us to actually go with no further contribution. They're hedging their bets somewhat.

Yesterday's local elections have rocked the boat in many areas, it'll be very interesting to see if that rocking continues in the general election.

rebbonk

This article is worth a read...

Link

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I read an interesting theory the other day that she doesn't actually want to win this election because she's a REMAINER at heart.