Thread: Broadband deals

Default Broadband deals

I am looking to change my broadband from Virgin, and have looked at most reviews of other providers and they are mostly negative, but I would like to give the benefit of the doubt by trying another provider, such for instance, The Post Office, or Vodafone. Can anyone recommend a decent provider with good customer service?

rebbonk

I've been with talk talk (or its previous incarnations) for a very long time. What I find is that if I leave them alone, they leave me alone. They possibly aren't the best for customer service, they aren't the cheapest, but my system works and is reasonably reliable. On the principle of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' I think I'll stay with them.

I've not heard anything bad about the PO, can't say that about Vodafone.

The PO use Talk Talk to run their internet. I'm still not quite decided though which deal to have.

rebbonk

I think much will depend on what you use it for. Watch out for data capping if you watch films etc. What you might need by way of support is also something to think about.

I sweet talked Talk Talk out of a new router. It was simply plug and go. But actually getting it was another matter.

Talk Talk have also been hacked a couple of times. Whilst I've not had any money taken from my account I have had a few quite convincing calls from so called Talk Talk representatives. Had I not been such a distrustful sort of person, I might just have fallen for their plausible stories. As it was, they ended up with a few very choice engineering 'expressions' resounding their lug-holes.