Thread: £3.5 Million of Fake Goods Seized at Wellesbourne Market

Default £3.5 Million of Fake Goods Seized at Wellesbourne Market

Unfortunately, the market has a long standing repuatation for this: http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/n...rket-1-7732829

rebbonk

Hardly helps with the present problems does it?

Not really, but it never seems to stop people going.

rebbonk

I used to be a regular there many years ago. There were real bargains to be had, but even then you needed to know what you were buying.

On one visit, I stocked our freezer with meat for about £10 and the quality wasn't bad.

There are definitely some deals to be had, but the fake goods dealers have spoiled things somewhat for me - on the rare occasions I go I find I can't trust any of the traders.

Never liked stuff at markets. It is not a place I go to when they are in town, except maybe the farmers market.

cathidaw

I don't expect anything from markets but a fun expedition.
    I believe most people who go know these 'branded' goods are quite likely to be fakes if they are a decent price,
    I know it doesn't help the genuine traders- they moan but are still trading. I don't care, its the luck of the draw..
    If they drop to bits when washed, or break easily -it is my own fault for buying . But I have bought some really good 'maybe fakes' which I still have today.
    MENS socks which don't stay up, or tights with 3 legs, and once, some pillow cases which were stitched all round, we all still laugh about.
    But I get some really good bargains. So it's pot luck. One of my bargains 5 years ago was a new-with guarantee Hoover vacuum cleaner which I use for upstairs, for £25.00, and £103 in my local Co-op.The same man still stands there with his vacs. 10 years ago I bought a 'branded' spin drier for £5 which I use occasionally and lend out if anyone needs to borrow it in emergency.
    Every year I expect the newspapers to tell us the police have swooped again and everyone is once again horrified. All the newspapers need is a rubber stamp to let us know it's happened again.
    Be adventurous- -use the markets.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 27-12-2016 at 01:19 PM.