Thread: Plan to Move Kings High School

Default Plan to Move Kings High School

It will be interesting to see how this goes: http://www.stratford-herald.com/5858...-revealed.html

Plans to convert the old school into housing have been approved. Landor House will cost a fortune once it's been converted: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...-light-2914134

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I like how they say, 'affordable' homes. I wouldn't like to live there right near an already insanely busy road and A425 intersection where you need eyes at the back of your head crossing over by East Gate, to get into Jury St..then the High St. And with 118 new flats with 184 car park spaces will increase traffic even more in that area.

Cllr Stephen Cross telling the meeting:
    “While we are proud of our town, the development will provide undoubted improvement to the streetscene within the town for everyone by replacing the large poor quality buildings with new high quality dwellings that will have a positive impact on the contribution this site makes to the character and appearance of the town’s conservation area.”

What a load of old wet flannel!
    Last edited by margaret; 24-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

One of my 1st thoughts was it's going snarl the town up more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    One of my 1st thoughts was it's going snarl the town up more than ever.
    We're currently fighting a development (or two, or more!) that are going to make M6 J3 virtually unusable. Not only will it be permanently clogged with traffic, but the air quality is also going to deteriorate. But do the authorities care? Do they hell! There are some incredibly misleading and underhand tactics being used.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.