Thread: Allegri Miserere Mei

Default Allegri Miserere Mei

I'm not a huge classical music fan, but this always touches a chord with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

rebbonk

I'm into brass bands, much to Mrs Rebbonk's annoyance.

I don't go out of my way to listen to brass bands, but always enjoy listening when I come across one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I'm not a huge classical music fan, but this always touches a chord with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE
    It certainly is beautiful Lex. It has been a long time favourite of mine, I heard a performance of it in Canterbury Cathedral. It takes me back to my days living and working in Canterbury and holds very special memories for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I'm into brass bands, much to Mrs Rebbonk's annoyance.

Perhaps you like the Sally Ann brass band.

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Finebyme View Post
    Perhaps you like the Sally Ann brass band.
    Used to love them when they came round at Christmas. - It wasn't Christmas until they'd come and played in our street.

I really like watching/listening to military brass bands, but there are many others that equally please me. Many of the old colliery bands and works bands still exist and they're often very good.

One of my favourite tunes is "March of the Dambusters", and it really doesn't matter who plays it.