Thread: Should be have a thread for politics?

Default Should we have a thread for politics?

Anyone like to discuss politics or have we had enough of hearing about referendums and the EU and how Britain will fare better doing Free Trade as opposed to tariff controlled trade . ?

I am all for being out of the EU. But I was very disappointed with Boris when I read that he has changed his tune about Syria and Putin.
    It seems Boris has gone against his better judgement when he believed that we should work with Putin and was in support of Assad.
    Now since his new appointment he has changed that to say that Assad must go for there to be peace in Syria, which to me as a load of rubbish. He has obviously been leaned on by America and will be meeting with that dirty toxic reptile, John Kerry.

I suspect Brexit is being sustained by the Americans on the foreign exchange markets as they are keen to retain a close ally.
    A columnist in the Mail, pointed out that our involvement with the EU over the last 40 years has been a very blinkered one, because the EU itself is very blinkered.
    Now that we are regaining sovereignity he was saying that we can now have a proper global outlook in areas like South America, South Asia, etc.
    The EU is an incredibly inward looking institution which has detached itself from European culture and values.
    Last edited by Finebyme; 19-07-2016 at 08:04 AM.

rebbonk

I was disappointed by the whole IN/OUT referendum. The politicians played the electorate for fools. - Something that many of us won't forget in a hurry.

The News Forum could be used for a politics thread, ot I could set a separate sub-forum up?

cathidaw

I've never been that interested in Politics until this last 3 years or so.
    What with our own government's performances and Donald Trumps carnival, things should get spectacular over the next few months.I shall watch carefully.

It's definitely a case of interesting times, Cathi! I'm watching the 10.00 news as I write this; Theresa May has some good potential - she seems to have more balls than our last 4 PMs! Although, a lot of what she's said has been said many times before, so I'm reserving judgement on her for now.

cathidaw

I wonder what the world will say if Trump gets to be President.
    Such a ridiculous, dangerous man, and that speech his wife made plagiarising Michelle Obama's speech,when we know that his bimbo's can't usually string a few words together.I'll bet he had a few words to say to her speechwriters afterwards--off with their heads perhaps.

If Trump is elected President, the world will become a lot more dangerous & unstable place. He seem to be the type who thinks bombs solve all the world's problems.