Thread: Nuneaton Foodbank is Well Used

Default Nuneaton Foodbank is Well Used

I wonder how many of the people are repeat users: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Hundr...ail/story.html

rebbonk

It really worries me that in this day and age the UK relies so much on food-banks. There is something fundamentally wrong when we let big companies escape paying taxes whilst we see families without sufficient food.

cathidaw

The government too, relies on the food banks, giving them more money to play with and waste.
    If there weren't any would they leave people to starve like our government did in the Irish famine?
    As they haven't a clue how the proletarians live they probably would.
    They are to blame for everything which is wrong in this society.The hospital situation for instance--blaming it on to people getting older and bed blocking, when the convalescent homes have been closed one by one, and private ones costing a mortgage.
    We have to tighten our belts with more cuts coming, but I haven't noticed members of the government economising on anything. The excruciating e.u. palaver the other week which got us nothing to write home about,must have made quite a big dent in the country's bank.- to be picked up again by us with more cuts.

rebbonk

There is a lot of kindness in this world, and you often find it in the less well-off areas.