Thread: The Haggis

Default The Haggis

With Burns Night having recently occurred, I thought I'd post this description of Scotland's native Haggis Animal: http://www.thehaggis.com/EZ/sh/sh/pa...q8kl6gcjdtq2i1

rebbonk

I think I've seen that before.

I've only had Haggis once. An old dear brought me one back from Scotland. I can't say I particularly liked it, and at that stage didn't know how it was made or what was in it. I've never been tempted to try one again.

I first tried haggis 25-odd years ago, and had to put what was in it out of my mind, but found I really liked it. The only problem I have with haggis, though, is that it gives me chronic wind!!

cathidaw

The first time I had haggis was on a VERY rainy day somewhere in Scotland-could have been Montrose---from an Italian chip shop by the beach called Mc'Dimascio. I always recall the name because of Di-di's in Coventry.Remember them?
    We were in a campervan with 3 young children, the youngest 2.As we stopped an old gent played the bagpipes walking slowly around the van-he was soaked- and so was I, dashing for the haggis and chips.At the time no other meal had been so delicious as that day.We gave the old chap sixpence, he spat on it and cleared off in disgust.
    I don't eat meat now but don't think I'd eat haggis, even if I did.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 20-02-2016 at 10:41 PM.

That sounds a great meal Cathi; I can imagine a bit of gravy would top it off nicely.

cathidaw

My choice would be parsley sauce on my chips.

Hmm, not something I'd have thought of, but parsley sauce works with boiled potato so I can actually see that working.

rebbonk

Not tried that one. To be fair, the only thing that goes on my chips is salt and vinegar.