Thread: 'Mountain' of Waste Fly Tipped

Default 'Mountain' of Waste Fly Tipped

After trying to get rid of an old vacuum cleaner at a local tip recently, I can understand why this was done, but it's still no excuse: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...umped-10464005

rebbonk

I forecast that this type of thing is going to get worse.

I live near a canal, we are permanently faced with fly tipping! I honestly believe the answer is to make tipping easier at the local authority facilities.

Extending opening hours would help; 9.30 - 3.30 aren't great times for most people. But then, when did WCC ever do anything for the convenience of taxpayers?

cathidaw

Lex,
    Why did the tip refuse to take your vacuum cleaner.?Thats what refuse dumps are for.

I'd take it to bits and put it in my bin.

rebbonk

You'd be surprised what I've dismantled and disposed of that way over the years. Just takes a little time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by cathidaw View Post
    Lex,
    Why did the tip refuse to take your vacuum cleaner.?Thats what refuse dumps are for.

Basically, I tried to drop it off after work, just after 4.00, but the tip had closed, and again just after 8.00 the next morning, but the tip didn't open until 9.30. I ended up dumping the vacuum cleaner in a commercial wheelie bin at work.

rebbonk

They really don't help us do they? Councils are supposed to provide a service!