Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Housing Develpoment in Warwickshire

If the figures are correct the proposed strategy makes sense.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Someone wants to send their parents to a nice care home: https://solihullobserver.co.uk/news/...t-protections/

Green belt is there for a reason!

As a country we seem to be running headlong into further housing problems. If we controlled immigration properly, we wouldn't be needing all this building.

In order to be seen to be doing 'the right thing' politicians, by their inaction are betraying future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Ye gods; someone's actually considering infrastructure!

http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/n...uses-1-8174444
    It's usually some idiot's great idea to close a major road like Europa Way on a Monday morning, and keep it closed until Friday evening to carry out works like this; has some planner somewhere developed some sense?: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...mber-1-8673599

Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Green belt is there for a reason!

As a country we seem to be running headlong into further housing problems. If we controlled immigration properly, we wouldn't be needing all this building.

In order to be seen to be doing 'the right thing' politicians, by their inaction are betraying future generations.
    It was not the fault of immigrants that Thatcher allowed the right to buy council houses, which were built for one reason only.For those of us who preferred to rent or couldn't afford to buy.

But continuing to yet more people in when we can't house what have is pure lunacy. Sinking the lifeboat helps nobody.

I worked with a guy who was chairman of the local young conservatives at the time Thatcher did this. He was totally aghast and complained bitterly. I thought, 'that guy has a heart, after all.' Then we got talking about it and his reason was that the people buying were too stupid to own houses! We didn't speak much after that.

Established Member

A few random thoughts...
    When we were young,many of our school friends lived in diabolical condemned houses.Even at that young age I sort of noticed although it didn't sink in.Kids don't see it in an adult way.
    We had a new council house near Whitley village, a cul de sac of not many houses.Everyone was proud of them and I thought it was normal living this way.I suppose that was their limit of the hardworking working class people's aspiration then, just to find a nice home. All in the same boat as it were.
    We had lived in a Spon street court in a back to back, with wash house, toilets and taps in the yard.I don't remember it but my mum loved it and didn't want to move but they wanted space for future kids. After the war when they built the council blocks it all went wrong and the council estates which sprang up were rubbish.Later as I grew up I was a nurse at Gulson Road and later- on the district - and saw such shocking conditions of life. mainly due to the shoddy way they were built.New houses, damp, mildewed bedrooms and poor brickwork..

i HAVE FORGOTTEN MY THREAD NOW so am off to bed. I think I was trying to say people don't know when they are well off.
    I knocked a cup of tea on my keyboard yesterday and borrowed this one which is big bright yellow and ancient and keeps duplicating or missing letters, whatever it feels like doing.
    New one should be here tomorrow.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 22-10-2018 at 10:06 PM.

More housing for Kenilworth, adding to the soon-to-be continuous concrete between Coventry and Warwick: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...n-up-1-8682782

If you listen to what the politicians are saying (Rees-Mogg most recently) it looks like our once sacred greenbelt land is about to become rather less sacred.

Interests in the construction industry?

Since we dropped the gold standard, I think it might be that the UK economy is influenced by construction. - Yet another cock-up the politicians have made.

This raises more questions about why we need more newbuild houses: https://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/ne...mpty-1-8708955

I doubt Kenilworth Town Council's objection will amount to much: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...ncil-1-8712281

Developers ignoring affordable housing quotas, and the council doing nothing about. Not surprising, really: https://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news...e-homes-quota/

Money talks, Lex!