Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The immigration saga

cathidaw

Default The immigration saga

EXCERPT FROM A BLOG - YAHOO NEWS ON LINE.

iTS ALL the fault of the UK Govt. IF they STOPPED giving our money and homes to Any and Every freeloader that arrives they wouldn't be trying to get here in droves now would they. The Public know it Dumb Politicians haven't a clue........
    The Fairy & The Immigrant
    A beautiful fairy appeared one day to an immigrant claimant outside the Social Security Offices.
    'My good man,' the fairy said, 'I've been told to grant you three wishes, since you’ve just arrived in England with your wife and seven children.'
    The man told the fairy: 'Well, in Muslimstan where I come from we don't have good teeth, so I want new teeth, maybe a lot of gold in them.'
    The fairy looked at the man's almost toothless grin and --PING!!! He had a brand new shining set of gold teeth in his mouth!
    'What else?' asked the fairy, 'two, more wishes, to go'.
    The refugee claimant now got bolder.
    'I need a big house with a three car garage in Birmingham with eight bedrooms for my family and the rest of my refugee relatives who still live in my country. I want to bring them all over here.
    PING! - In the distance there could be seen a beautiful mansion with a three car garage, a long driveway, a walkout patio with a BBQ, and a sparkling swimming pool and a BMW, full of his nephews playing their music.
    'One, more wish, left for you', said the fairy, waving her wand.
    I want to be English with English clothes instead of rags, and shawl and I want to have white skin like the English.'
    PING! - The man was transformed, wearing worn out jeans from ASDA, a dirty Primark T-shirt and a greasy baseball cap. He had his bad teeth back and the mansion had disappeared from the horizon.
    'What happened to my new teeth?' he wailed. 'Where is my new house? Where’s my Visa Gold Card?'
    The fairy said 'Tough luck. Now that you are English, you're entitled to sweet #$%$ all like the rest of us”.
    And she disappeared

rebbonk

Now ain't that the truth!

I personally don't blame anyone for wanting to come here if they think it will give them a better life. I do blame our politicians though.

From a site I frequent (apologies for some of the crudity, but I think it brings things home)...

The problems is with those illegals is that the majority are single blokes from Sub-Sahara countries, full of untested testosterone, and 'empying of gonads somehwere', where the joys of equality of women, non Muslims etc are often celebrated in unusual ways. They, like any other person, when travelling, bring their culture, emotional, criminals (if any), tribal, religious and 'rapey, murdery' stuff with them (behaviours). With hundreds if not thousands potentially wandering around the streets and byeways of Old Blighty, it will make what's happening in the 'Unmentionable Northern Towns' seem insoluable.

Of course those Metro LiberLefty luvvies who want to allow all these folks into Old Blighty to walk on sidewalks paved with gold, and us being the "Land of Milk, Honey, Pussy, booze & Benefits" - those same Liberal lefty 'elites' will say- "Not in our back yards, but someone elses". Perhaps they will all be 'bussed' oop North to Scotland and push across the borders on the borders to be housed in tower Blocks in Glasgow and places north.
    We really are storing up trouble for ourselves. There will be riots and other civil disorders. Of course, it won't worry the politicians as they'll be safe in their ivory towers; but for the rest of us, well, I hope you know how to defend your home and families, because you wont be getting any help from the authorities.

My old dad always said, "oil and water don't mix" and by God, he was right!
    Last edited by rebbonk; 25-07-2015 at 07:01 PM.

rebbonk

This is the tip of the iceberg! At last the press are reporting what many of us have known about for years.

Daily Mail (so it must be true)

I can only hope that the authorities handle this properly and swiftly. These people must be taught to respect OUR laws and ways.

cathidaw

Cameron will have it 'all in hand',and it will stay there.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 26-07-2015 at 11:26 AM.

rebbonk

I thought this guy summed things up quite well...

Continually since the weekend there has been report after report from all parts of the media and it seems to be biased towards a narrative that "we should be more sympathetic and understanding as to the plight of those who are undertaking these acts of desperation..." rather than addressing clearly the truth that "The obvious actions that they are undertaking of criminality and intent to clearly ignoring the simple conventions of civil society, and follow the rules"
    So we have yet another COBRA meeting this morning; yet more politico's sitting on their thumbs, rather than getting something done.

This isn't a UK or French problem, it's EU wide. The Italians aren't doing their bit (processing properly and fingerprinting) but the bottom line is that by removing Gadaffi the West created a massive problem for itself.

cathidaw

I would think that the tunnel should be closed until this is sorted.43,000 immigrants-roughly - in Calais and more pouring in, and more landing in Italy, we cannot cope with them in our little country, and why should we.Not racist but practical.Cameron needs to get together with the Paris heads and come to some agreement, but he wont, too scared. There must be someone -even in another party who has a solution and dares to put it in action.Again Cameron knows best.
    Only complete restraint on the countries they are coming from -including aid so that their rich governments have to look after their own people.. They couldn't be much worse off surely than risking lives by travelling here.
    I heard a comment today comparing it to Pandora's box.Which means it goes on forever.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 31-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.

rebbonk

Of course we should close the tunnel. (I never thought it ought have been built in the first place!) Sadly, our muppet politicians are gutless and won't do it. If they did, Calais would be a ghost town very quickly and the French might start taking their part of the responsibility seriously and returning these illegals to the place they entered France from.

Many of these people are fleeing from countries that were once colonised by Western European countries. They didn't want us there so we left and handed them generous aid packages. Suddenly, they see that life isn't necessarily better without colonial rule and now want to go to the countries that they once hated.

But what of all that aid? All it has done is line the pockets of a few and never filtered down to those that truly need it.

Europe cannot continue to take in all and sundry. The EU needs to develop a hard line on this, but the left wing, hand-wringing, apologists that inhabit Brussels lack the guts to do it.

cathidaw

Good to see someone agreeing with me. Most of my friends say it cant be done. Cameron hasn't endeared himself to the French-(altho' I can't see why 'swarm' should anger them.Watching tv, they do actually'swarm.')
    We know he wont do anything--all talk, that chap --a suit with a voice. And Hollande- whinging 'we always get the blame'
    They surely haven't done much--the same as us.
    I'd have the immigrants shipped back to France as soon as they arrive.I know France are in a bad situation geographically but It may make them realize what they are NOT doing.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 01-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

rebbonk

It can be done cathidaw.

Asylum seeking is covered by the Dublin convention (IIRC). First safe haven you register, then you are allocated residence in one of the EU countries that has space and is willing to take you. Shame that these rules aren't being applied properly.

cathidaw

If the tunnel was closed it would be a major disaster for business in this country--but all the delays, and the way things are going it will be just as bad. The situation will get worse and eventually it will have to be locked from both ends..All the fences in the world wont keep people out and Cameron's extra police will incite more trouble and riots where people get killed.

rebbonk

It would be a major issue for this country, but it'd be far more (and much quicker in effect) damaging to Calais. That is why it ought be done, thus forcing Calais to put pressure on that useless womanising muppet Hollande.

Cameron is a man of words, but no action. He talks big but doesn't back things up. He's about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard.

The EU really needs to get a grip of things. At the moment it appears to be a UK/France problem, but it isn't, it's EU wide and will only get worse. Before we know it we'll have half of Africa rocking up on our shores wanting 'asylum'.

Genuine asylum seekers I have a little sympathy with. The violent, thuggish, behaviour we are currently seeing is not from asylum seekers but from economic migrants who think the UK streets are paved with (free) gold. What we are seeing at Calais would in no way be an asset to this country.

rebbonk

Default Britain and France urge EU-wide action on Calais migrant crisis

Britain and France on Sunday urged other European Union states to help them tackle the growing crisis in northern France caused by thousands of migrants seeking to make illegal and dangerous crossings into England.

The French port of Calais has become a focal point for the huge influx of migrants entering Europe to escape poverty and violence in the Middle East and Africa.
    Reuters

Somehow I don't think writing a letter is going to do much good.

rebbonk

You couldn't make it up...

EU offers aid to France for migrants, shows little sympathy for UK

The EU has said it can provide aid to France as it struggles to deal with the growing number of migrants around the northern port city of Calais but has shown little sympathy for UK complaints about the situation noting that it expects more solidarity from London.

"The commission is aware that the situation as regards migrants in Calais is deteriorating. This is another stark example of the need for a greater level of solidarity and responsibility in the way we deal with migratory pressures in Europe," a commission spokesperson said Monday.

"We can provide technical assistance through the EU agencies and emergency funding" to France, she added.
    EU Observer

If the EU wanted to force us into an 'out' vote they couldn't be doing a better job.

cathidaw

I think you're right rebbonk, and we'd be better out than in. You can see what they want us for - help and money and being able to lord it over us.Cant blame them tho' thinking we're a pushover, with our soft scared P.M.
    They get enough money off us so why couldn't they buy their own fencing and use their own police at their end.
    If the boot was on the other foot I wouldn't be certain of help from anyone that side of the channel. And how dare they try to force us to take more immigrants.They're bringing this little country to it's knees as it is, with the housing situation.Beats me where the money is coming from to keep them--the immigrants.-----Sorry I do know----the government is screwing it from our indiginous homeless.I watch the telly, and hear how our own poor are suffering and can't get the benefits needed just to stay alive.---and then hear that 'only £35' is being given to failed asylum seekers per week, when some of our lot can't get a penny. And what's the betting who will be using the food banks most of all.

I saw that programme about the illegal Romanian who lived in doorways and bushes who got a job in MacDonalds and then got sacked because he was smelly and filthy.He complained,"How I get clean if you country don't give me house? "
    (Puts me off MacDonalds forever)
    He wore his bright yellow uniform under his dirty anorak.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 05-08-2015 at 11:17 PM.

rebbonk

So someone in office knows!

Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond has come under attack for describing African migrants on their way to Calais as "marauding".

Labour leadership hopeful Liz Kendall told Sky News that Mr Hammond's comments were "dehumanising" and did not help solve the problem.

The Foreign Secretary, speaking on a visit to Singapore, was responding to comments by Greek PM Alexis Tsipras that his country was being overwhelmed by arrivals from beyond the Mediterranean.

Mr Hammond said an influx in African migrants will undermine living standards and social cohesion across Europe and warned the EU could not afford to absorb "millions" from the continent.
    SKY

And if those Labour mouthpieces keep on, it'll be a cold day in Hell before Labour get a chance to run the country again. Labour are totally out of touch with the man on the street! we don't want, can't afford and have no room for migrants.

rebbonk

Right, pin back your lugholes, I've found a solution...

Around 400 villages are up for sale in Spain's northern Galicia, some of which are being offered for free.

The villages come with verdant settings, including bread-making hearths, barns and stone and wood granaries used until a decade ago, when the villages had a decent population.

"This is as near as paradise as I can think of," says Mark Adkinson, who founded the Galician Country Homes real estate firm and has recently begun marketing abandoned villages.

This northwestern region of the country is plagued with a shrinking population, resulting in some mayors selling the villages for free to anyone who can repopulate it by bringing people back, more importantly, the youth.
    Yahoo News

Now all we need are the EU politicos with the will to carry it out. - I won't hold my breath.