Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The immigration saga

rebbonk

Yeah, Coventry has already taken some and is offering to take more.

I wonder if the tax payers will wake up and realise that taxes will go up to cover administering and housing these people? I think Finland has already announced higher taxes called a solidarity tax.

rebbonk

Germany has introduced temporary controls on its border with Austria to cope with the influx of migrants, the interior minister has said.

Thomas de Maiziere said refugees could "not choose" their host countries and called on other EU states to do more.

Trains between Germany and Austria were suspended for 12 hours.
    BBC

13,000 arriving in one day! Merkel has dropped a clanger with this one. The Schengen agreement's days must surely be numbered now?

rebbonk

Australia's experience...

As the Federal Government continues its preparations for the arrival of 12,000 Syrian asylum-seekers, a government report into the experiences of some of Australia's newly-resettled refugees has found that after six months only one in 20 was able to find a job. But the "Building a New Life in Australia" research project will continue to monitor the progress of the humanitarian migrants over the next five years.
    ABC

Latest study of refugees settled in Australia - 90% on welfare, 50% never held a job here or home country
    Michael Smith News

Oh yes, these immigrants are really a help to a country's economy!
    Last edited by rebbonk; 14-09-2015 at 10:27 AM.

has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

rebbonk

German minister warns of financial dangers of refugee crisis

Germany's Economy Minister has warned of the financial dangers facing countries who do not help to find a solution to the current refugee and migrant crisis.

Sigmar Gabriel told German newspaper Bild: "Europe is a community of values based on human sympathy and solidarity and those that don't share our values can't count on our money over time".

He said: "If it continues like this, then Europe is in danger, more than it was from the financial crisis or the Greece crisis."
    ITV

Political speak for Merkel has dropped a clanger, help us sort it out or we stop the money!

rebbonk

Germany to censor internet!

Facebook will work with Germany to combat anti-refugee hate speech

Facebook this week said it will work with the German government to crack down on hate speech and xenophobia online, following calls from the country's justice minister to do more to combat hateful speech about refugees. As The Wall Street Journal reports, Facebook will work with Germany's ministry of justice, internet service providers, and other social networks to form a task force aimed at flagging and removing hateful content more quickly. Facebook also pledged to help finance organizations that track online hate speech, though the company did not say it would change its policy on what types of content are considered offensive.
    The Verge

A pathetic attempt to cut down resistance to Merkel's folly. BUT, if Germany can do it, you can bet others will follow!

rebbonk

Well, here's a turn up for the books! Maybe we're not the land of milk and honey...

Illegal immigrant hands himself over to police because he has 'had enough of Manchester'
    A 'very angry young man' who has been living illegally in the UK for 10 years hands himself in to Greater Manchester Police and demands to be repatriated to Iran
    Telegraph

I wonder if it was a ruse to get a free flight home? If it was, it looks like it failed as he's been released. - Illegal and released, you couldn't make it up!

Another load of immigrants have been discovered in a lorry: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...rants-10123354

rebbonk

I'm picking up a tale from Germany that people are having their housing tenancies terminated so that immigrants can be accommodated: also that unused properties are being requisitioned by the government.

I'm also picking up tales (from Germany) of rapes and child abuse by the immigrants. - I believe that the Daily Mail may have reported this?

I think Merkel's days may be limited!

rebbonk

A report on some of the earlier rapes/attacks carried out in Germany...

Gatestone Institute

rebbonk

Ungrateful b@st@rds

Migrants at the Ter Apel camp in the Netherlands have complained about feeling “bored”, having to eat bad food and not having fast enough internet.

A video posted on Live Leak shows the migrants, who many believe to be desperately poor refugees, complaining about the lack of home comforts in the camp.

One says how “breakfast is small, lunch small” with another adding how “bored” they all feel. “You can just eat, sleep, use the slow internet, it’s so bad.”

He added, in surprisingly good English: “We asked them for language courses, but they said we don’t have it now because this is an emergency camp.”

The first then complains how the authorities haven’t given him enough money to buy cigarettes.

The video concludes with them complaining about the “service”.
    Breitbart

They're not happy in Berlin either...

LINKl
    Last edited by rebbonk; 27-09-2015 at 09:49 AM.

rebbonk

Oh dear, oh dear. Germany is now making very nasty threats against those that dare speak out against these awfully nice people that are enriching their country...

If you post xenophobic comments on Facebook, that means your own child (custody rights) could be at risk. It is not necessary (for the posting) to be a criminal offence so that the courts consider your child to be 'at risk'

Those who spread radical or xenophobic views risk not only to lose their job and good social standing, but also to lose their custody rights to their children. This is especially true with xenophobic Facebook posts

The political or religious opinions of a parent can have an impact on his custody rights to his child, if the child's welfare is considered endangered. A merely controversial opinion is not sufficient grounds for restriction, but the Family Court has jurisdiction to decide whether an action endangers the child's welfare. The decisive factor is common sense.
    Original article. My translation provided courtesy of a contact on a forces site.

It's just the threat of losing your job or your child for now - that will work for many people. What will be the next step up for those that won't comply...?

Apparently this is all overseen by an ex-Stasi Boss!

rebbonk

A mass brawl has erupted at a tented camp for migrants in Germany, with Albanians and Pakistanis fighting each other with sticks and irritant sprays.

It took police several hours to quell the violence between some 400 migrants at Calden, near Kassel in central Germany, German media report.

Fourteen people were injured, three of them police officers. It began with an argument in the camp's canteen.
    BBC

This really isn't going to end well. We are now seeing a resurgence of far right wing politics across Europe. Polish elections next month, and the Poles ain't happy either. I honestly fear we are watching Europe descend into yet another war.

Yes, it is a very dicey situation. In a way, I can see why a lot of Governments don't want to get involved (apart from the general populous making angry noises).

rebbonk

The EU’s leaders “do not care about the political cost" of their handling of the migration crisis because they do not have to face election, one of its top officials has admitted.
    Telegraph

True colours showing through!

To me, that comment alone is the perfect reason why the UK needs to get out of the EU ASAP.

rebbonk

Oh dearie me; who'd've thought it....

'Refugees don't leave their conflicts behind'

'Following reports of aggressive incidents in German refugee shelters, authorities are looking for ways to calm the situation. Suggestions include separate housing for Muslim and Christian asylum-seekers.'
    DW