Thread: Coventry Wildflowers...

Default Coventry Wildflowers...

Councils are regularly scorned about the way they go about doing or not doing things and the list is endless but this time I think a bouquet is due rather than the brickbats. Why? The url might help:

http://www.bablakelabour.com/coventr...about-flowers/

Travelling to Coventry by car today we passed some roundabouts covered in wildflowers, absolutely magic, a place for the buzzing bees, birds and all manner of wildlife. The splashes of random colour and lovely to see.

Curious, I wondered who to attribute this to and it seems that the busy bees at Coventry City Council have created these havens for wildlife.
    Cool

rebbonk

Yes, I noticed them on the blue ribbon island the other day, they do look nice. Such a shame that the blue ribbon itself is looking so jaded.

Might have been nice if they gave it a coat of paint before sowing the seeds...
    Cool

rebbonk

The problem is that they painted it purple for the Olympics, then did a cheap tarting up job (as you'd expect from this council) afterwards. In reality they ought have used temporary paint (as the RAF do on their aircraft when doing short term deployments) that would wash off over a period of time leaving the old blue underneath. - I suspect that the original was powder coated and would have lasted for a long time if left alone.

As it is, it certainly isn't "as true as a Coventry blue".