Thread: Migrant dies on Channel Tunnel train trying to reach UK

rebbonk

Default Migrant dies on Channel Tunnel train trying to reach UK

A migrant who is believed to have jumped onto a freight train heading for Britain has died, Eurotunnel has said.
    What a truly sad state of affairs. For crying out loud, surely it is better to stay in France (despite the French) than take risks like this?

Can (perceived) life be so much better in the UK than France?

cathidaw

These illegals all seem to think the uk streets are paved with gold. Also that it is their right to get everything free.I saw ,last night-did anyone see it, the Romanian who came here and was complaining he had nowhere to sleep and has to be here 3 months before he could get benefits. He got a job at M'cdonalds and proudly showed his yellow uniform under his filthy anorak even tho' he slept on the streets in it..Later he got the sack because they said he was 'not clean' and 'how could he wash when the British Government won't house him.'
    Cameron said we can't take our share of the boat refugees-but how long will he hold out.

rebbonk

And today we have another one....

Telegraph

I truly despair.

Why are the Froggies not doing their duty?

BBC

Rhetorical question, I know full why: the nasty little cheese eating, garlic smelling, surrender monkeys!
    Last edited by rebbonk; 24-07-2015 at 12:00 PM.

rebbonk

I truly despair...

Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter

Some 2,000 migrants tried to enter the Channel Tunnel terminal in Calais on Monday night in an attempt to reach the UK, operator Eurotunnel has said.

A number of people were injured, a spokesman for Eurotunnel said, without elaborating.
    BBC

It's only a matter of time before there's real trouble here.

To be honest, the desperation to get here is such I am suprised we haven't had that real trouble already.
    Cool

rebbonk

Apparently about 1500 stormed the terminal last night. This isn't just random acts, this is co-ordinated and organised.

As the problems worsen in Calais, anyone like to bet that Camoron caves in and agrees that we'll take them? Shades of Sangatte?

rebbonk

Apparently, another was killed climbing onto the roof of Eurostar this afternoon.

rebbonk

Thinking as to how I'd sort this without screwing up the economy...

I'd put two rings of fences around the terminal about 20 feet apart. There'd be a warning on the outer fence that the area was a 'no go' and that any entry would be seen as an act of terrorism or such. I'd have a few dozen of the 'land-sharks' (Alsatians and nasty with it) that the RAF used to use to patrol the V bomber bases. Any transgressions into the area between the fences would be met with unleashed (and hungry) dogs.

My experience is that most immigrants don't like dogs, particularly the big ones, but I bet the problems would soon abate. The problem is that it'd only move the problem, it wouldn't actually solve what you do with thousands of illegal migrants.

But make no mistake, what we're seeing here is an attempted invasion of Europe, and it needs to be stopped PDQ.

I've been hearing and reading a lot of reports that the French are saying that us Brits should send troops to France to sort the problem out. Now, where have I heard the French say that before......

rebbonk

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I've been hearing and reading a lot of reports that the French are saying that us Brits should send troops to France to sort the problem out. Now, where have I heard the French say that before......
    And the b*ggers have never been grateful!

I've trained people all around Europe and the Middle East on behalf of a well known phone manufacturer. The only place I ever had problems was France.