Thread: Cattle Market & Station to be Redevoloprd

Default Cattle Market & Station to be Redevoloprd

rebbonk

It appears that there might be some joined up thinking going on here! - Don't worry, it won't last.

It probably just happened by accident. No doubt things will quickly get bogged down in self interested squabbling & will drag on for years.

Margaret

My own feeling is that I'm not sure that is a good place for housing as the road there is very busy and pedestrians trying to cross that very busy junction going into town can be stressful ,cars whizz round there.

Our MP, Nadhim Zahawi, has been banging on about the state of traffic in Stratford recently. I think that was due to him wanting to be reelected, though.

rebbonk

They'll say anything to get re-elected. It's a real shame that pre-election promises are not legally binding. I notice my MP isn't so quick to respond to my questions now she's been elected!

Our MP's become strangely quiet, apart from the odd publicity shot in the local paper, since the election. Strange.

The walkway/cycle route to Arden Street seems pointless, as the Arden St/Alcester Road crossroads is less than a 60 second walk from the station entrance; the development will back onto the hospital, so a walkway in that direction won't be difficult. Stratford doesn't meed another hairdresser, likewise for accommodation for the over 55s.
    Generally, it looks ok (apart from no-one thinking about the traffic)

http://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/...e-market-site/

It looks like something might be finally happening: http://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/...t-green-light/